最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Mark W.

未読、
2010/11/11 14:44:462010/11/11
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Greetings...

We are down to one remaning item that's an open issue for 1.1, the WAP
proposal (http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?
id=1090).

Given where we are, and the fact that there's still some questions
about this, I'd like to propose that we make this one of the draft
specs for "1.1 Next". This would allow us to close out 1.1 and meet
our Nov 18 deadline.

If this sounds good to everyone, then I'll move this and create a
final revision that we can vote on.

Please let me know what you think.

-Mark W.

Jonathan Beri

未読、
2010/11/11 14:50:322010/11/11
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Agreed. This one needs to bake a bit more IMO.

Andy Smith

未読、
2010/11/11 16:56:332010/11/11
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com、OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
I think that makes sense as well

> --

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/11/11 18:57:142010/11/11
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I have already answered against the Chris's comment, and I am waiting
his opinion. If he can agree my opinion, I think this proposal can
close.

Could we wait the answer from him?

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

> --

Yoichiro Tanaka
Email: yoic...@eisbahn.jp
Blog: http://www.eisbahn.jp/yoichiro

goosemanjack

未読、
2010/11/16 18:32:222010/11/16
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
I just posted comments on the code review item.
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?id=1090&colspec=ID%20Type%20Container%20Stars%20Summary%20Status

The only other item we should address is the naming of this feature
for the <ModulePrefs> section. I'd suggest something like "wap" or
"wap-views" as the feature identifier.

<ModulePrefs>
<Require feature="wap" />
</ModulePrefs>

With this minor addition I'm comfortable having this proposal move
forward for vote. Any further additions/clarifications can likely be
addressed in v.Next.

On Nov 11, 3:57 pm, Yoichiro Tanaka <yoich...@eisbahn.jp> wrote:
> I have already answered against the Chris's comment, and I am waiting
> his opinion. If he can agree my opinion, I think this proposal can
> close.
>
> Could we wait the answer from him?
>
> Thanks,
> -Yoichiro
>

> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Mark W. <weitzelm.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings...
>
> > We are down to one remaning item that's an open issue for 1.1, the WAP
> > proposal (http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?
> > id=1090).
>
> > Given where we are, and the fact that there's still some questions
> > about this, I'd like to propose that we make this one of the draft
> > specs for "1.1 Next". This would allow us to close out 1.1 and meet
> > our Nov 18 deadline.
>
> > If this sounds good to everyone, then I'll move this and create a
> > final revision that we can vote on.
>
> > Please let me know what you think.
>
> > -Mark W.
>
> > --
>
> --
> Yoichiro Tanaka
> Email: yoich...@eisbahn.jp
> Blog:http://www.eisbahn.jp/yoichiro

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/11/16 20:56:012010/11/16
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Thank you very much for all of your valuable inputs for the WAP
extension.

I have made some changes according to the inputs.

http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?id=1090#c10

We all know that we are about to reach the deadline. It therefore
would be appreciated if you all kindly go through the docs and patch
file I have posted. I think now we all are on the same page including
Chris and myself. I strongly believe that this wap-extension would
contribute to better user experience and enable developers to create
something compelling to their audience.

Mark, it would be great if you consider moving forward to the voting
process now to meet the deadline.

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

On Nov 17, 8:32 am, goosemanjack <cc...@myspace.com> wrote:
> I just posted comments on the code review item.http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?id=1090&c...

Mark W.

未読、
2010/11/17 13:55:312010/11/17
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
I applied the changes to the doc in the main 1.1 branch in SVN.
You can see them here:
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/1.1/OpenSocial-WAP-Extension.xml

The revision is here:
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/source/detail?r=1341

Please check the spec b/c there may have been an issue in the patch
and I want to make sure it was applied cleanly.

I would like to avoid changing core-gadgets.xml and simply work in the
necessary additions into the wap extension. The reason is as follows:

Because this is an extension, it should be independent of the rest of
the specs. We should be able to introduce the necessary changes in the
same way the other specs do, e.g. if we look at how data pipeling is
discussed in core-gadget and then in social-gadget.

Also, we've gone through and got a clean spec and the appropriate
number of votes and can release the core set of specs on schedule
tomorrow. This means that we can open up the vote on just the wap
extension on Friday and, assuming all goes well, approve and release
it on Monday, November 28. Part of the reason is that voting will have
to remain open for a week.

At this point, I'd like to ensure we meet our deadline for the core
specs if at all possible.

Thanks,

-Mark W.

Andy Smith

未読、
2010/11/17 14:36:212010/11/17
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com

I agree with moving forward on 1.1 core specs and opening a separate round of Voting on Friday.

Thank you,

Andy

Helen Chen

未読、
2010/11/17 16:24:412010/11/17
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
It makes sense for me to make wap extension as a separate round of voting.

Helen

Helen Chen

未読、
2010/11/18 0:09:422010/11/18
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest to schedule a meeting (WebEx) this Friday or early next week for Yoichiro to present this extension, sample usecases, prototype, and answer some questions, etc. Then, people will have more confident to vote.

Regards,
Helen

Bess Ho

未読、
2010/11/18 0:15:362010/11/18
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Possible you can record WebEx presentation for later viewing other than real time viewing? I may not have the time to join live meeting on exact date/time. I'd like to view, evaluate and vote on mobile spec.
Bess Ho
UI Architect / Developer / Designer
iPhone Developer
Silicon Valley Web Builder (SVWB) Founder

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/11/18 6:16:432010/11/18
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Hi Mark,

Thank you for applying my patch to the 1.1 directory. However, it
seems that the previous patch has been applied, therefore, the
suggestion from Chris regarding the "wap" function is not reflected
into the current revision. I have already posted the comment with the
new patch, and it would be great if you can apply the new patch to the
1.1 directory again.

Helen, Bess, thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, I cannot
hold a meeting with you as I live in Tokyo. The presentation
describing this wap extension which I gave to Mark in May (on the day
of the OpenSocial Union Event) is available from the following url:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/677547/OpenSocial_event.pdf

I hope this wap specification becomes more clear by reading this file.
If there are any points you want to know more deeply, please let me
know.

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

On Nov 18, 2:15pm, Bess Ho <bess...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Possible you can record WebEx presentation for later viewing other than real
> time viewing? I may not have the time to join live meeting on exact
> date/time. I'd like to view, evaluate and vote on mobile spec.
>

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Helen Chen <helenc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would suggest to schedule a meeting (WebEx) this Friday or early next
> > week for Yoichiro to present this extension, sample usecases, prototype, and
> > answer some questions, etc. Then, people will have more confident to vote.
>
> > Regards,
> > Helen
>
> > On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Helen Chen <helenc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> It makes sense for me to make wap extension as a separate round of voting.
>
> >> Helen

> >  --
> > .

Mark W.

未読、
2010/11/18 13:17:242010/11/18
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Yoichiro,

I'll try to apply the patch again--not sure what happened.
If I run into an issue again, I'll post again to this thread.

Given that we can keep this is a distinct part of the spec, let's plan
to release the core spec today, on schedule, and open the vote on this
part early next week.

-Mark W.

goosemanjack

未読、
2010/11/18 19:47:242010/11/18
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
So if we can get Yoichiro's updated patch applied I'm ready to move
forward with 1.1. The only final item I raised was identifying the
feature name for wap such that it can be identified in the moduleprefs
section with an <optional> or <required> tag. This item seems minor
enough we can address it with a patch.

On Nov 18, 3:16 am, Yoichiro Tanaka <yoich...@eisbahn.jp> wrote:

Mark W.

未読、
2010/11/18 19:52:002010/11/18
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Yoichiro, Chris, et al,

Please check out revision 1342. This *should* be the the proper
information applied from Yoichiro.
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/source/detail?r=1342

-Mark W.

Mark W.

未読、
2010/11/18 19:54:422010/11/18
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
I just applied Yoichiro's patch now. Once we are OK with what's in the
text, we'll open a vote just on the WAP proposal and treat his entire
submission as an approved extension. This way, we'll release the core
today and then close on the WAP stuff next week.

-Mark W.

Jonathan Beri

未読、
2010/11/18 20:09:062010/11/18
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
+1 for releasing the core now. Afterall, the WAP proposal is an
extension anyway and we can do these independent of the core (now.)

> read more »

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/11/18 20:37:202010/11/18
To: opensocial-and-gadgets-spec
Hi Mark,

I could just confirmed that the latest patch was applied correctly.

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/11/23 22:07:582010/11/23
To: opensocial-and-gadgets-spec
Hi folks,

Five months have already passed since I proposed the specification for
the WAP extension proposal, and we have finally joined the voting
phase. If any of you are not prepared to make the vote, please feel
free to express any questions or requests. Hopefully we will not have
to see any delay in the voting period.

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

Mark W.

未読、
2010/11/24 10:44:312010/11/24
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Yoichiro,

Agree.
Let's open voting on this proposal using the latest revision that I
recently checked in:
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/source/detail?r=1342

Let's plan on keeping the voting open until 11:59pm Pacific Standard
Time, December 2. This should give plenty of time past the US
Thanksgiving Holiday.

-Mark W.

On Nov 23, 10:07 pm, Yoichiro Tanaka <yoich...@eisbahn.jp> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Five months have already passed since I proposed the specification for
> the WAP extension proposal, and we have finally joined the voting
> phase. If any of you are not prepared to make the vote, please feel
> free to express any questions or requests.  Hopefully we will not have
> to see any delay in the voting period.
>
> Thanks,
> -Yoichiro
>

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Yoichiro Tanaka <yoich...@eisbahn.jp> wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
>
> > I could just confirmed that the latest patch was applied correctly.
>
> > Thanks,
> > -Yoichiro

> read more »

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/12/07 0:00:232010/12/07
To: opensocial-and-gadgets-spec
Hi Mark,

Some members have already posted +1 to OpenSocial WAP extension on the
following review.

http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/source/detail?r=1342

I would appreciate it if I can confirm on the current status. (I
believe we are currently waiting for the vote by other members.) I am
willing to help with anything to move the voting process forward.

FYI. Zynga has already released FarmVille on mixi this month. This
application is provided for users using WAP-phones and is based on
OpenSocial WAP extension.

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/39696/Zynga-launching-FarmVille-on-Japanese-mobile-service-Mixi

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

Mark W.

未読、
2010/12/10 11:39:492010/12/10
To: OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
Yoichiro,

Confirmed: We have the necessary 5 votes!
The other revision contained very minor changes. I've voted +1 on
those as well.
I've also added this to the spec page.

Now, let's get ready for 2.0!!

On Dec 7, 12:00 am, Yoichiro Tanaka <yoich...@eisbahn.jp> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Some members have already posted +1 to OpenSocial WAP extension on the
> following review.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/source/detail?r=1342
>
> I would appreciate it if I can confirm on the current status. (I
> believe we are currently waiting for the vote by other members.)  I am
> willing to help with anything to move the voting process forward.
>
> FYI. Zynga has already released FarmVille on mixi this month. This
> application is provided for users using WAP-phones and is based on
> OpenSocial WAP extension.
>
> http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/39696/Zynga-launching-FarmVille-on-Jap...
>
> read more »

Yoichiro Tanaka

未読、
2010/12/11 5:05:422010/12/11
To: opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Mark and folks,

I appreciate your cooperation and voting for our proposal!
I intend to continue anything to advance and spread OpenSocial. :)

Thanks,
-Yoichiro

全員に返信
投稿者に返信