OpenScales on mobile (with Flex). Is it possible?

Ossi Rönnberg

May 14, 2013, 3:05:30 AM5/14/13
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
What exactly you need todo to get OpenScales work on mobile with Flex (iOS & Android) ?

What I've done so far.

I have commented out contaxtmenu from the Map.as which causes the first problem on mobile. And actually this way I can run OpenScales on simulators pretty fine, but when I try to compile a package for iOS device I get this error.

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unable to find named traits: mx.controls::Image
at adobe.abc.Domain.resolveTypeName(Domain.java:232)
at adobe.abc.Domain.resolveTypeName(Domain.java:149)
at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$InputAbc.resolveTypeName(GlobalOptimizer.java:273)
at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$InputAbc.resolveSlotType(GlobalOptimizer.java:956)
at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$InputAbc.resolveType(GlobalOptimizer.java:536)
at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer$InputAbc.resolveTypes(GlobalOptimizer.java:449)
at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.generateBitcode(LLVMEmitter.java:332)
at com.adobe.air.ipa.AOTCompiler.convertAbcToLlvmBitcodeImpl(AOTCompiler.java:611)
at com.adobe.air.ipa.BitcodeGenerator.main(BitcodeGenerator.java:104)
Compilation failed while executing : ADT

And this is probably due to fact that mobile flex does not support MX components.
For some reason building a debugger package does not give this error.

To get pass this error I removed openscales-fx-2.2.swc and created my map with pure ActionScript. Again, this works fine on debuggers and simulators, but once I compile an iOS package (now it actually compiles) and start it on my device it crashes immediately on startup.

Is there any tricks or voodoo magic that I could do to get it working?