Drawing example

Naumce

Mar 8, 2012, 7:32:49 AM3/8/12
to openscales-dev
Hello,

I'm trying to integrate some drawing tool over MapNik.
I follow the example, but, example and on OpenScales.org, is not
working either.
Also I dont get any result from using <os:DrawingsLayer > or
<os:FeatureDrawing >.
Should I add some event handling, or what?
Please some example.

WillPetty

Mar 8, 2012, 9:32:12 AM3/8/12
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
the drawing tool example on the openscales homepage is working just fine for me, maybe your just not seeing it?
go to http://openscales.org/demo/current/ , and click "Feature Handling" on the Left side... then click the "draw and edit features" button .....then in the layers box you can click the little arrows icon next to a layer to see the tools. You click on a tool option to activate it, then click on the map.

also adding a drawing layer like so:
       <DrawingsLayer id="DrawingsLayer" identifier="drawing layer 1"/>
is only adding a layer that can be drawn on, it wont show anything differently if you just looking at the map.
make sure you add the layerManager component to the map also, so you can see the layer and use the drawing tools.
add the layerManager like so:
<LayerManager y="10" left="10"/>

-Will

Naumce

Mar 9, 2012, 3:58:46 AM3/9/12
to openscales-dev
Thank you Will,

Is it possible to have <os:FeatureDrawing > as a tool outside the
legend tool (example outside the map frame)
I want to enable only draw and edit tools to the user.

Naumce

On Mar 8, 3:32 pm, WillPetty <willpetty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the drawing tool example on the openscales homepage is working just fine
> for me, maybe your just not seeing it?
> go tohttp://openscales.org/demo/current/, and click "Feature Handling" on

WillPetty

Mar 12, 2012, 7:53:15 AM3/12/12
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
You can grab the individual drawing components and imbed them where ever you want with something like

.     <os:DrawPoint map="your_map" target="your_layer"  />

Tom Auer

May 2, 2012, 2:38:24 PM5/2/12
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
Doing this doesn't work for me. I give it a map and a layer, activate it and then it never adds any points to the map.

Ideas?