[SAMM] SAMM Badge in French

Sebastien Gioria

Aug 22, 2011, 3:53:33 AM8/22/11
to Pravir Chandra, Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM)
Pravir,

here the beta-version of the badge translation

Traductions.txt

Moulay Abdsamad Belghiti

Aug 25, 2011, 8:28:08 AM8/25/11
to Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM), Pravir Chandra
Hi all,

Here in att a french translation effort begun some time ago, and below its progress (v0.2) :

<SAMM>
<business-functions/> 100% (4/4)
<security-practices/> 50% (6/12)
<section id="front-matter"/> 0%
<section id="executive summary" /> 0%
<section-split id="understanding-the-model" /> 0%
<section id="business-functions" /> 0%
<section-split id="applying-the-model" /> 0%
<section id="using-maturity" /> 0%
<section id="conducting assessments" /> 0%
<section id="creating-scorecards" /> 0%
<section id="building-programs" /> 0%
<section id="roadmap-*" /> 0%
<section-split id="security-practices" /> 0%
<section-split id="case-studies" /> 0%
<misc-text /> 0%
<level-data /> 100%
</SAMM>

For element <security-practices/>, following child element is sometimes not translated : level/activities/activity/content.

Elements are deliberately fully detailed for questioning the translation effort:
 - to focus <=> which sections need major efforts?
 - to share <=> which sections to whom?

If you find it relevant, we can make it a shared spreadsheet ? (section | progress % | importance | who)

Translation comments are welcome in the XML file; please refer to NOTES section for some guideline.

Hope this helps!

mab

Le 22 août 2011 09:53, Sebastien Gioria <sebastie...@owasp.org> a écrit :
Pravir,

here the beta-version of the badge translation

I copy the list to have comment on my translation if there is some French reader (Canadian, Swiss, ….)

PS: assessment worksheet in French will be available in a couple of weeks(2/3)

---
Sebastien GIORIA  - sebastie...@owasp.org
French OWASP Co-Leader
OWASP Global Education Committee Member

On Jul 11, 2011, at 2:52 AM, Pravir Chandra wrote:

Hey Sebastien.

I drew the badges using the Adobe suite of Illustrator + InDesign. If you send me a list of the translated names of the Security Practices, I can generate the badges and send them to you. One thing to note FYI, in the translated versions, we've been trying to keep the abbreviated two-letter names the same as the English version and just translating the long names.

Thanks!

p.

SAMM-1.0-XML-0.3-fr_v0.2.xml