Weekly Topic : Copy Internet to your hard disk - curl vs. wget

Orson Zhai

May 22, 2012, 10:49:49 AM5/22/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com, Jingsong Yang
hi, openboard guys,

This Thursday I'll show you 2 commands about downloading files from website.

curl and wget, which maybe useful for our File@Robot

they are some of the most popular auto-download commands in Linux.

Hope to see you all !

May 24th, 7:00pm-9:00pm, VBlog Pizza.

rgds,
zhai

Orson Zhai

May 23, 2012, 9:09:41 AM5/23/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com, Jingsong Yang
Everyone coming to Weekly Meeting could bring your own topic.

I send this email for promoting your ideas and encouraging everyone to
join our weekly meeting.

So, everyone can reply my initial email with your interest , proposal,
requirement and any fresh topic.

Feel free to do that.

((每个来参加活动的人都可以提出新话题,我限于时间不能事前一一确认,所以大
家自由发起,随心所欲就好了。

可以回复此邮件提前预告大家。

每次活动可以多个话题顺次进行,也可以按兴趣分小组同时进行))

Orson Zhai

May 29, 2012, 9:08:51 PM5/29/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com, Jingsong Yang
Hi, openboard guys,

Tomorrow (May. 31st) is our 22th weekly meeting of this year.

We still focus on network command topic.

I'll show you my experience on famous command - nc. ((“脑残”命令))

Weiwu will firstly come to join our meeting and share his knowledge
gained on tunnel and port forwarding.

Anyone who has your own demo or speech may just easily reply this email
for an announcement.

Or just do it in our meeting at free time.

See you at Vblog Pizza, 7:00pm-9:00pm, THU.

Regards,
zhai

Orson Zhai

Jun 6, 2012, 10:07:15 PM6/6/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
hi, all,

Today (June. 7th) , it is the 23rd weekly meeting of 2012.

Our topic is will continue on Linux network commands for preparation to
our File-Robot.

I plan to kick off to study some new commands related to wireless card
in your computer.

It's well know that we can choose wlan ssid and type password by Network
Manager(NM) on the icon beside desktop.

But how to configure wlan0 by only commands not using NM? just something
like ifconfig?

how to scan wireless access points around us?

how to set password?

how to setup an AP to make peer-to-peer connection or share your
Internet connection?

It is reasonable for our FileRobot which will not be configured with a
NM and X libraries.

Join us at 7:00pm this evening @ Vblog Pizza.

P.S. Could Airead introduce something about NM to help Weiwu struggling
out of his ASUS transformer T101 ?

rgds,
zhai

Orson Zhai

Jun 14, 2012, 1:00:04 AM6/14/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
hi, everyone,

today(June.14th), we'll continue our topic last week.

I 'll try to setup a wireless AP in my notebook and connect it with my
mobile phone.

xufan will take us a board of LPC5230, which is a ARM9EJ-S processor
with VFU (floating point unit).

7:00pm, Vblog Pizza

rgds,
zhai

徐帆

Jun 14, 2012, 2:16:34 AM6/14/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com

a board of LPC3250,I did not express understand.

Orson Zhai

Jun 20, 2012, 10:38:42 PM6/20/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
hi , guys,

Gu will come to show his GPRS modem and how to connect internet with
pppd in linux.
((小顾会来展示如何使用Linux拨号GPRS modem上网))

GPRS modem is very useful for getting internet connection everywhere.

It is also very popular in embedded system.

And, the second thing is to discuss the openborad-mx233 which we plan to
make it ourselves instead of buying it from bulgaria, according to
Xufan's quotation.

and more , not sure at this time.

just join us for learning.

it's our 25th weekly meeting 2012, @ Vblog Pizza, 7:00pm

Orson Zhai

Jun 27, 2012, 9:44:46 PM6/27/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is my topic for weekly meeting today.
I will show ImageMagic tools set for you.
ImageMagic is a suit of image processing commands.
As its name meaning, it is REALLY magic.

I will use ImageMagic to resolve one of old questions from Xufan, how to
convert picture file(jpeg) to C array.((你懂的))
It is very useful for embedded system to draw picture or text on LCD
screens.

Hi, Xufan, ((你能否带一个能画屏的板子来,我们可以当场验证,把一副图片显
示在你的屏上。需要你准备相关显示代码哦))

26th meeting of 2012, today, 7:00am @ Vblog Pizza

((我们还要讨论一下“城市在线”的话题)) I have a good idea for object
tracing to discuss with all of you!!

rgds,
zhai