traffic etiquette

1 view

John Dorn

Aug 13, 1992, 6:07:00 PM8/13/92
While we seem to be on the subject of traffic rules and
etiquette, we have all from time to time made a driving
mistake and have probably received a blast and/or rude
gesture from the offended driver.

I have often wondered if there is an accepted gesture
that indicates that "yes I realize I screwed up big-time
and I am sorry".

Just Wondering.

Steve Frampton

Aug 13, 1992, 10:54:41 PM8/13/92
nord...@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (John Dorn) writes:

There *is* such a gesture, and I use it all the time. You hold out your
fist with back of hand facing other driver, and extend your middle finger
as straight up as you can. Either hand will do.

> Just Wondering.

Glad to be of help.

fram...@vicuna.ocunix.on.ca (Steve Frampton)
Vicuna Systems BBS - 613/547-5066 [9600 v.32/.42bis]

Tony Kasvand

Aug 14, 1992, 11:43:38 AM8/14/92
I just usually wave to them as a way of saying "thanks, I know what I did
wrong."

If, on the other hand, don't feel like being polite...give them
a Pierre Trudeau salute.

--
Tonis Kasvand | "..and then I realized , without a shadow of a doubt,
Ottawa, Canada | I was doubtful."