Installing the mobility-fw2.0p3

TSG

Nov 10, 2009, 5:18:52 AM11/10/09
to omnetpp
Dear All,

I am going on mt thesis to make a simulation of Adhoc networks and it
is authentication concepts, I am going to use the "Threshold secret
key with ID based scheme" I.e "Shamir Threshold Scheme"

I am happy because i found this Mobility backage and i said to my self
it might be very helpful for me.

I downloaded it and I could not install it or make it up and runing. I
have already installed the Omnet++ 4.0

Can you please help me to install it. is it working under the Omnet++
package or it is standalone package.
If sombody have an previos work on Shamir Threshold Scheme by Omnet++
let me know please.

My best regards

Tarek

Jérôme Rousselot

Nov 10, 2009, 5:28:18 AM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

see http://wiki.github.com/mobility-fw/mf-opp4 for information on
mobility framework for Omnet++ 4.

Regards,

Jérôme

gülşah bulut

Nov 10, 2009, 6:50:03 AM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Have you heard of Mixim?
If mobility-fw2.0p3 is not an obligation, take a look at Mixim: mixim.sourceforge.net
gulsah

ankur harit

Nov 10, 2009, 9:02:58 AM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hey guys just need your help,as i am doing a project on manets and i need to run and implement olsr,dsr,and steiner tree algorithm and to simulate them to compare their results and energy consumption and for simulator i chose omnet, now i dont know how to implement the source code and simulate it on omnet, anyone having due knowledge about it please help me its very urgently required
thankyou

hey guys just need your help,as i am doing a project on manets and i need to run and implement olsr,dsr,and steiner tree algorithm and to simulate them to compare their results and energy consumption and for simulator i chose omnet, now i dont know how to implement the source code and simulate it on omnet, anyone having due knowledge about it please help me its very urgently required
thankyou

Nov 10, 2009, 9:27:23 AM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
If I am not wrong, the algortihms you mention are routing algorithms.
So you must find  in which classes (and layers) routing algorithms are implemented in Mixim.
( I assume you are using Mixim for mobility)
And extend those classes for your own aim. May be some of them could be implemented by the Mixim stuff.
Finally, Mixim and Omnet API are the best addresses for an overall view and understanding..
Also, I am a newbee and without reading tutorial and API, it is impossible to understand what to do and how to do..
And, to admit, unfortunately it is a hard work :(

ankur harit

Nov 10, 2009, 1:35:00 PM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hey buddy thanks for your reply, i am really indebted to you but at the same time just wanna ask you can you explain what mixim is and how do i integrate it with omnet, i tell you i am finding all this really tough and also there is not much time for me so that i can really push it, what i am currently facing is that i find myself with lack of good knowledge of omnet and related ones and my group members are just the right ingredients to push me down with themselves.
i would be very thankful to you if you can just help me sort it out as i find myself in a situation i would have never imagined of.
thankyou

Nov 10, 2009, 3:33:48 PM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi ankur,
Mixim is enhanced version of Mobility Framework. Actually, it is a synthesis of many mobility frameworks written for omnet.

here is how it integrated to omnet

1) go to the site: mixim.sourceforge.net.
2) you will find a zip to download. get it.
4) read the part "Installation From the Omnet++ IDE", apply the instructions.
5) start with example BaseNetwork.
then you will have to read "how-to"s and API documentation.. As I said, to gather know-how takes time and it is not easy :(
good luck..

gülşah bulut

Nov 10, 2009, 3:36:48 PM11/10/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
A final word: Rudolf is right ;) try to be more specific..
I tried to answer your questions as I am also newbee and know how difficult it is to start in mixim..
But professional users will not respond!

ania javed

Nov 11, 2009, 1:15:29 PM11/11/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi , i am new in using omnet++4 ...... can everyone, please guide me....
how to make grahes in omnet++4 , to heck the performance of the protocol

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Nov 11, 2009, 5:57:41 PM11/11/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com

inetmanet has the manet routing protocol implemented. It's possible to port this routing protocols to mixim

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:27:23 +0200
From: bulu...@gmail.com
To: omn...@googlegroups.com

Date una vuelta por Sietes y conoce el pueblo de los expertos en Windows 7