Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

news....@googlemail.com

ungelesen,
01.03.2009, 23:56:5801.03.09
an omeg...@googlegroups.com

In a message dated 3/1/2009 10:04:20 P.M. Central Standard Time, geor...@earthlink.net writes:
Hello Joanne,

No, we do not receive any compensation.  We are just sharing information.
I have been interested in health matters - preventative medicine - for over 50 years, since listening to Carleton Fredericks on WOR radio in NYC.  I had some knowledge about EMF radiation.  I had thought it was a personal matter, what one's exposure was.

The recent turning point came through a link on Dr, Mercola's website.  When I clicked on it I started listening to a 15 part interview with Olle Johansson.  I felt so moved, educated, and inspired by him that I began searching the internet to learn more.  Then I discovered that this topic got bigger and bigger each week.  I feel guided to help wake people up, to educate them; so little is common knowledge.  .When one looks at the future, it looks as though millions, if not billions, of people and other creations will seriously suffer.  It is almost beyond comprehension.

Fortunately, we are healthy.  All my decendants have cell phones.  It is a challenge to figure out how to successfully communicate, but I do feel that I am getting guidance, and new ideas come.

I did not send my letter to the Omega group.  I did not think of that.  I am just getting started.  We live in a county of about 15,000 people.  I have contacted each of the five Supervisors, the Adnministrator, someone on the School Board, and the Executive Director of the Blue Ridge Medical Center (Nelson County, VA) who seemed to be waiting for the inch high stack of information that I gave her.

Education takes time for most people.  It's like Algebra - you don't get, and don't get it, and then finally you do get it.  One needs patience for their process.  Repeated inputs are also needed.   As this topic is opening up in our County, people are talking to one another, where before they were isolated.  I did write an article for a Free Paper in the Charlottsville area.  A man in Richmond called us who had read the article, had serious sensitvity - wearing lead clothing, and had no one to talk to who took him seriously.  I sent him quite a bit of information and links.

I have been using Google Alerts to get some current information.  Here is a sample:

Google Blogs Alert for: EMF health dangers
Dr. George Carlo on cellphone dangers « EMF Journal
By Moderator
Dr. George Carlo on cellphone dangers. o Dr. George Carlo, an expect in the biological effects of cellphone use focuses on Children. o Disney and Verizon targeting 8-12 year old children with cell phones. o Studies conclude an estimated 500000 cases of eye and brain cancer by 2010. One year! ... Health. Attack of the cell phone zombies, serious threat to children · CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention · MiChi Health Center ...
EMF Journal - http://emfjournal.com/
Georgia Pearson

From: geor...@earthlink.net
To: joa...@guineapigsrus.org
Sent: 2/28/2009 8:22:22 P.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Fw: The GalileO Project Newsletter # 1

Hello Joanne,

In my recent exploration, in a more in-depth manner, of the dangers of EMF radiation I have come across your letters and website.  I have had an interest in health matters and preventative ways to preserve health.  We are located in Virginia near Charlottesville.  I am enclosing our first newsletter for your information, and any feedback that you'd like to give us.

Georgia Pearson

(The attached document is in Word format.)

The GalileO Project

                                                         Newsletter # 1, 2/27/09

“The GalileO Project” is a grass-roots organization formed to educate individuals and groups about EMF radiation health issues and encourage support for personal, community, and planetary well-being.   Call: 434 36l-2597, email: geor...@earthlink.net

Meeting

Our next in-person meeting is at 7:30, on March 3rd, in the Nelson County

Memorial Library on Route 29 in Lovingston, Virginia.

Newsletter

The Galileo Project will publish an occasional information-sharing Newsletter. Send written or visual contributions to: Ed Pearson at: peacet...@earthlink.net

News Update

Digital TV Warning from three German Doctors to President Obama - see articles section below of this newsletter.

Broadband over Power Lines Warning given in the eBook Public Health SOS: The Shadow Side of the Wireless Revolution” - question #106, see ordering information below.  “Once broadband over power lines becomes operational a lot of people are going to become ill.”  Magda Havas, co-author.  For many of us, we were looking forward to high speed Internet over our electric lines, but like so many other technologies, there appear to be no studies on the safety of this technology.  Satellite Dishes appear to be the safest choice at present for rural high-speed Internet.

Action Ideas

EDUCATE yourselves and others.  We, as humans, generally know very little about ELECTRO-MAGNETIC-FREQUENCY radiation.  Our senses usually do not pick it up and so our minds do not know what is happening.  Because you do not have a handy badge on you letting you know how much lifetime radiation you have received, similar to those who work in nuclear power plants, and because radiation is cumulative, it is important to know what your exposure is, to minimize it, and to share what you discover with others.

REMEMBER if each one of us on The GalileO Project newsletter list, in 21 states and 5 countries, awakened only two others to the hazards of EMF radiation, and then each did the same, on and on, it would take approximately 25 levels of interactions to reach all the adults on the planet.  This is what a grass roots movement can do.

PARTICIPATE in, or help CREATE a group in your area, in your library.

 TEST your environment at home, school, church, work, library, health center, community center, stores, parking lots, highways, outdoor areas -every place you go.   The following tools will extend your senses, although they do not register everything.   Consider cooperative purchases.

·        Tri-Field Meter  The TriField Meter is the only EMF meter which offers magnetic, electric, and radio/microwave detection in one package. (This meter will not test all radiation, but it is a start.)  www.vitacost.com

·        Electrosmog Detector   Detects microwave radiation from phones, ovens and more   Audible sound corresponds to radiation strength and type. www.amazon.com   (This is an attention-getting wakeup call.)

 READ:   “Public Health SOS: The Shadow Side of the Wireless Revolution”

by Magda Havas, PhD and Camilla Rees, MBA.  Published in 2009.

“110 Questions on Electromagnetic Pollution” - Commentary on typical EMF-related questions that are in the minds of the public and the media raised by the audience at the Commonwealth Club in California, links to research and references, and the rationale behind the ‘Safety Recommendations’ in Section III is discussed in detail.

http://electromagnetichealth.org/public-health-sos-ebook/

(Because this is an eBook you may wish to get a spiral binding at a local copy place for ease of reading and sharing.)

SIGN the Petition.   http://www.thepetitionsite.com/6/urge-congress-on-emf-safety-fcc-must-change-exposure-guidelines-for-microwave-radiation-exposure

WRITE to your President, your Senators, your Representatives.  Help them to understand the urgency and the danger.

SHARE

Pass information on to others and help to build this grassroots movement.

Articles

­­­The following articles have been selected to show some of the issues involved when one considers the harmful effects of Electrosmog.

 Digital Broadcast Television Warning

Warning Against Adverse Health Effects from the Operation of Digital Broadcast Television Stations (DVB-T)  A letter from three German physicians to President Obama.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12548638/Warning-Against-Adverse-Health-Effects-From-the-Operation-of-Digital-Broadcast

In the US, digital broadcast television is scheduled to start operating on February 17, 2009.  We write to you today because we wish to save you from the significant negative health consequences that have occurred here in Germany.  In Germany, analog broadcast television stations have gradually been switching to digital broadcast signals since 2003.  This switchover first took place in metropolitan areas.  In those areas, however, the RF exposures in public places as well as at home continued to increase at the same time.

As a result, the continuing declining health status of children, adolescents, and adults in urban areas could not be attributed to any single cause.  On May 20, 2006, two digital broadcast television stations went on the air in the Hessian Rhoenarea (Heidelstein, Kreuzberg), which until recently had enjoyed rather low mobile phone radiation exposure levels.  Within a radius of more than 20 km, the following symptoms that occurred abruptly were reported: constant headaches, pressure in the head, drowsiness, sleep problems, inability to think clearly, forgetfulness, nervous tensions, irritability, tightness in the chest, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, depressive mood, total apathy, loss of empathy, burning skin, inner burning, leg weakness, pain in the limbs, stabbing pain in various organs, weight increase.  Birds had fled the area. Cats had turned phlegmatic and hardly ever went into the garden.  One child committed suicide; a second child tried doing it.

Over time the same unbearable symptoms showed up in other locations-most recently in Bamberg and Aschaffenburg on November 25, 2008.  Physicians accompanied affected people to areas where there was no DVB-T reception (valleys, behind mountain ranges) and witnessed how these people became symptom-free only after a short period of time. (...) In Germany, DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial) uses Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Modulation.  The fundamental principle of this type of modulation works by spreading the information across several thousand carrier frequencies directly adjacent to each other.  A channel is 7.8 MHz wide.  The amplitude also changes constantly. (...)

In Germany, we see strong evidence of a direct temporal association between the start-up of terrestrial digital broadcast television and the occurrence of severe health symptoms. (...) Satellites and cable provide the US population with television services. By contrast, the risk associated with terrestrial digital broadcast television transmitters is unacceptable. We, therefore, ask you, dear Mr. President, who has the well being of his citizens at heart, to stop the scheduled introduction of this new technology in the United States of America and to save the people from the negative health consequences that have occurred in our country.  (Signed by three German physicians.)

http://www.rense.com/politics5/songbirds.htm

Millions of the migratory birds, which yearly travel through Chicago from as far north as Canada to as far south as Peru, are being killed off by rapidly rising cellular telephone towers and new digital television antennas blocking their paths, wildlife experts say.  High-definition television towers can climb to heights of 1,000 feet and are the latest threat to songbirds, which typically fly at 5,000 feet but descend to much lower levels during overcast evenings, said Albert Manville, a wildlife biologist with the office of migratory bird management for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. ``We're looking at an impact of between 4 [million] to 5 million birds killed each year just from the cellular telephone towers; we know that towers are going up at an unprecedented rate,'' Manville said. ``HDTV towers are a train wreck we want to avoid. ... The concern is it's yet another impact [on birds].'' (...) According to the Federal Communications Commission, 48,642 cellular telephone towers at least 200 feet in height were in operation last year. Digital towers recently went up as television stations prepared for the advent of HDTV broadcasts.  The antennas went up this month, at the end of the birds' second migration.

 The Future Is Here, and It's Ugly; A Spreading Techno-blight of Wires, Cables and Towers Sparks a Revolt (September 7, 2000)

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9807E2DF1439F934A3575AC0A9669C8B63

More than 73,000 cell phone towers with heights of at least 200 feet are scattered across the American landscape, according to the Federal Communications Commission. But that does not include myriad other cellular transmitters and receivers, called cell sites, that are placed on lower towers or on poles and buildings. Some experts estimate that more than 100,000 cell sites are now in place.  Ted Kreines, a consultant in Tiburon, Calif., who advises local governments on doing business with telecommunications companies, said that the growth of such technology is just beginning.  He estimated that as many as one million cell sites would be installed by the time technology companies reached their desired capacity for wireless data and voice transmissions.  Utility poles and wires are even more common. According to the F.C.C., more than 180 million telephone cables stretch across the country.  The country has more than three million miles of overhead power lines, according to the Edison Electric Institute, an association of utility companies. CLIP

 Mobile Phones: Tomorrow Will Be Too Late

http://www.next

up.org/pdf/Pratical_Health_France_Dr_Paul_Dupont_Mobile_phones_15042008_Add_WHO_Repacholi.pdf

In spite of the dithering by the Ministry of Health (UK) and the delaying tactics of the phone operating companies, it is now becoming clear that the mobile phone is a virulent pathogen with damaging effects that we are only vaguely aware of. Recently it was scientifically proved that there is a connection between certain types of tumour and the intensive use of a mobile phone. Most in evidence are cases of acoustic neuroma, a tumour that develops on the acoustic nerve, as well as malignant brain tumours. According to this study the risk is multiplied by two or more on the side where the phone is held.

 Are the health authorities worried about these results?  Not in the least since, according to the official experts, the risk concerns only "intensive" phone users, and, as they add with a certain touch of cynicism, nothing proves that using a mobile phone always causes a tumour to develop. They are right, but when we know that a tumour usually takes 15-20 years to develop, it would seem logical to conclude that the appearance of tumours after 4-5 years in these intensive phone users is a sure sign of a health catastrophe to come in 10 years' time. 10 years!  For those who have children, it's nothing, but for the people that sell telephones it must seem a long way off. The worst thing in this situation is that it is the younger generation that is the most in danger.  It is children and teenagers who use mobile phones the most.  And it is at precisely this age that the brain is the most exposed: in a child's brain almost two thirds of it are affected by the radiation while in the adult it reaches only one third of the brain, which is already far too much!

Even more worrying, the radiation increases in intensity as reception becomes more difficult.  So when you use the phone in a train or a car, or when you are in a zone with weaker coverage and the phone has to keep searching for new signals, the intensity of the microwaves is considerably higher.  And with every day that passes we find more electromagnetic radiation in our daily surroundings: TV screens and computer monitors, cordless phones and Wi-Fi systems. All of which is horrifying. All this radiation is non-ionizing, that's to say it is capable of upsetting the function of our cells, particularly in our DNA, and the functioning of our glands.

Among these it is the pineal, the source of the sleep hormone and of the resistance to cancer, that is the most easily disturbed.  We could weep over this tragedy that awaits us, which everyone sees coming and which nobody is doing anything about. But wait - there are millions of mobile phones in use nowadays. . And one day, for lack of the will to face up to this problem, we will inevitably be faced with a terrible choice: your mobile or your life! At that point we will have to give up this magic tool, resign ourselves to taking a step backwards, draw a line through all that it has brought us - will we dare? . It's at that moment that we'll see if humanity still has a will to live or not.

- Dr Paul Dupont

EMF-Omega-News 14. February 2009

http://omega.twoday.net/stories/5515485/

 BioInitiative Report: A Rationale for a Biologically-based (not a heat-based) Public Exposure Standard for Electromagnetic Fields (ELF and RF)

 The BioInitiative Report was written by fourteen scientists, public health and public policy experts from the U.S., UK, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, and China to document peer-reviewed scientific evidence on electromagnetic fields.  This report urges safer standards for electro-magnetic frequency radiation

Listen to Cindy Sage, co-editor of The BioInitiative Report talk about the Report:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZDor-_co0

These sections of the BioInitiative Report can be viewed and downloaded separately from the website:  http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htm

SECTION i.   PREFACE

SECTION ii:  TABLE OF CONTENTS

SECTION 1:  SUMMARY FOR THE PUBLIC AND CONCLUSIONS

               Ms. Sage

SECTION 2:  STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM

               Ms. Sage

SECTION 3:  THE EXISTING PUBLIC EXPOSURE STANDARDS

               Ms. Sage

SECTION 4:  EVIDENCE FOR INADEQUACY OF THE STANDARDS

               Ms. Sage

SECTION 5:  EVIDENCE FOR EFFECTS ON GENE AND

                       PROTEIN EXPRESSION

                       Transcriptomic and Proteomic Research  Dr. Xu and Dr. Chen

SECTION 6:  EVIDENCE FOR GENOTOXIC EFFECTS

                       RFR AND ELF DNA DAMAGE

               Dr. Lai

SECTION 7:  EVIDENCE FOR STRESS RESPONSE

                       (STRESS PROTEINS)

                Dr. Blank

SECTION 8:  EVIDENCE FOR EFFECTS ON IMMUNE FUNCTION

               Dr. Johansson

SECTION 9:  EVIDENCE FOR EFFECTS ON NEUROLOGY

                       AND BEHAVIOR

               Dr. Lai

SECTION 10:  EVIDENCE FOR BRAIN TUMORS AN

                         ACOUSTIC NEUROMAS

                 Dr. Hardell, Dr.Mild and Dr. Kundi

SECTION 11:  EVIDENCE FOR CHILDHOOD CANCERS (LEUKEMIA0

                 Dr. Kundi

SECTION 12:  MAGNETIC FIELD EXPOSURE:

                         MELATONIN  PRODUCTION;

                         ALZHEIMER’S    DISEASE;

                         BREAST CANCER

                         Dr. Davanipour and Dr. Sobel

SECTION 13:  EVIDENCE FOR BREAST CANCER PROMOTION

         (Melatonin links in laboratory and cell studies)

                 Ms. Sage

SECTION 14:  EVIDENCE FOR DISRUPTION BY THE

                         MODULATING SIGNAL

                 Dr. Blackman

SECTION 15  EVIDENCE BASED ON EMF

                        MEDICAL THERAPEUTICS

                Ms. Sage

SECTION 16:  THE PRECAUTIONARY PRINCIPLE

                 Mr. Gee

SECTION 17:  KEY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE

                         AND PUBLIC HEALTH POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS

               Dr. Carpenter and Ms. Sage

SECTION 18:  LIST OF PARTICIPANTS AND AFFILIATIONS

SECTION 19:  GLOSSARY OF TERMS AND ABBREVIATIONS

SECTION 20:  APPENDIX - Ambient ELF and RF levels

                         Average residential and occupational exposures

SECTION 21:  ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

(If you have difficulty with any of the links in this newsletter, try them more than once, and also consider downloading Mozilla Firefox as an alternate, more cooperative, web browser.   www.mozilla.com/firefox  )

Letters To and From the Editor

      Hi Georgia,

      Thank you for your emails and your comments and for talking to

      me on Friday.  I’m glad that there are people like you and Ed out

      there who are trying to inform the public on the dangers of radiation.

                                                                   JM Richmond, VA

Dear Readers,

          The GalileO Project is a community concern, which needs

community participation and support.  One important form

of education and support is Letters to the Editor.  Please

consider sending a letter to the editor of your local newspapers

and copies to us.  This will help inspire others to do likewise.

                                                     Ed Pearson:o) Editor

  The GalileO Project Newsletter

Published by: TGP Press

Editor: Ed Pearson :o) peacet...@earthlink.net

Researcher: Georgia Pearson : ) geor...@earthlink.net

Please use our non-cellphone number: 1-434-361-2597

TheGalileOProject1.doc

news....@googlemail.com

ungelesen,
02.03.2009, 11:23:2202.03.09