Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

news.omega

ungelesen,
21.08.2008, 00:14:2521.08.08
an omeg...@googlegroups.com

From: JCMPelican
To: c...@cloudb.com, corporateco...@mattel.com
CC: norbert...@epa.gov, nma...@cdc.gov, brus...@niehs.nih.gov
Sent: 8/20/2008 10:10:28 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Project Sleep Sheep - Magnets retaining electromagnetic field....

Subject: Project Sleep Sheep - Cloud b Sleep Sheep -- removable
sound box magnet retaining (high) electromagnetic field ALSO:
Project Sheep Sleep - Fisher Price Laugh and Learn
Puppy -- removable sound box magnet retaining (high) electromagnetic
field
:
Chief Executive Officer ( c...@cloudb.com <mailto:c...@cloudb.com> )
Cloud B
2807 Oregon Court, Building D1
Torrance, CA 90503

Mattel, Inc. (Fisher-Price Parent Company)
corporateco...@mattel.com
<mailto:corporateco...@mattel.com>
333 Continental Boulevard
El Segundo, CA 90245-5012
310-252-2000 tel

Fisher-Price Brands (no email address - sending via Mattel above)
636 Girard Avenue
East Aurora, NY 14052
716-687-3000 tel
716- 687-3636 fax

Copies to:

Mr. Norbert Hankin ( norbert...@epa.gov
<mailto:norbert...@epa.gov> )
Chief Environmental Scientist
*U.S. Environmental Protection Agency*
Office of Air and Radiation - Radiation Protection Division
Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
Info contact: Gloria Shields - (202) 343-9849

*Centers for Disease Control and Prevention*
Chief Nina Marano ( nma...@cdc.gov <mailto:nma...@cdc.gov> )
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
1-404-639-3311 (Switchboard)
1-800-232-4636 (General)

Ms. Christine Bruske Flowers ( bru...@niehs.nih.gov
<mailto:bru...@niehs.nih.gov> )
Director, Office of Communications & Public Liaison
*National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences*
P.O. Box 12233
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Tel (919) 541-3665
Fax (919) 541-2260

To: Chief Executive Officers of Cloud b and Mattel, Inc.

Sleep Sheep is promoted as "creating a tranquil environment ideal
for helping children of all ages fall asleep." See:
http://www.cloudb.com/ ......

Mattel's -- Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Puppy states, in
part: ".....cuddly pal enhances baby's sense of security, inviting
baby to hug and express friendship......" See:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pid=30407&pcat=bulnl
<http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pid=30407&pcat=bulnl>

I have very worrisome safety concerns regarding Sleep Sheep and
also Learning Puppy! I am a non-accredited EMF/EMR
researcher/activist with approximately 18 years' experience.
Recently, I evaluated the bedroom of an infant whose mom reported
poor quality sleep, frequent ear infections and worries about the
possiblity of autism-spectrum disorder symptoms.

Sleep Sheep was one of the items mounted in the corner of the
infant's crib. I measured very high magnetic fields on Sleep
Sheep. Three associates and I attempted to determine why my
gaussmeter measured readings well over the 4.0 mg level cited in the
2002 EMF California Report regarding links to brain cancer, Lou
Gehrig's Disease, Leukemia and miscarriage. Occasional readings
of 60.0 mg and 80.0 mg and even over 100.0 mg were recorded over a
number of days. Readings were repeated numerous times while
batteries were in place with switches in on and off positions and
also, readings over the speaker magnet remained high over the
magnet even after batteries were removed. It appears the magnet
may be acting as a transceiver. Readings over the magnet that was
no longer being powered by batteries were recorded over several days
and the magnetic field levels did not change overall from readings
when batteries were in place.

We believe the same applies to Laugh and Learn Learning Puppy since
the removable sound box for that toy also has a magnet that appears
to be retaining its' magnetic field albeit lower, on average, due
to slightly more distant placement of the magnet within the sound
box. Frequent movement of the switches did increase the number
of magnetic field readings of 50.0 and 60.0 mg with one spike as
high as 190.0 mg. Our Laugh and Learn Learning Puppy was purchased
in order to confirm or disprove findings re Sleep Sheep. Since
we were able to record many magnetic field readings well over 10.0
mg on Laugh and Learn Learning Puppy and considering the toy is
promoted as "cuddly," as well as the fact an infant or toddler more
likely than not would hold the toy close to his or her body while
playing, we consider the toy to be particularly hazardous due to the
magnet that appears to be acting as a transceiver in a similar
manner as that of Sleep Sheep.

Comparisons have also been made of other battery-operated
infant/toddler toys. Several of the toys without speakers and
therefor, apparentely not containing "magnets," do exhibit elevated
magnetic fields in the range of 6.0 mg to 12.0 mg with occasional
spikes or bursts of 20.0 mg readings (while lighting up and/or
playing music), however, the readings typically are more or less in
a range between 1.5 mg and 3.0 mg and the fluctuations are not
nearly as erratic as the items that have speakers and therefor
"magnets." .

Dr. George Carlo, Science & Public Policy Institute in Washington,
D.C. wrote on July 17, 2008, that he "......is hearing of other
instances [I had provided initial report re DC high magnetic fields
-- "infant comfort objects" ] where there seems to be 'phantom'
readings floating about -- coming and going, with no apparent
explanation. We have seen instances where some phones, for
example, that are off, are actually acting as 'repeaters' for cell
phone signals -- the iPhone is one of those. Very insidious and
dangerous." . Dr. Carlo's Home Page:
http://www.sppionline.org/ ..........

In the meantime, almost a month has gone by since removing Sleep
Sheep, a mobile consisting of a battery box that was fastened to
crib mattress and a battery-operated night light from the crib. I
measured 50.0 mg on the mobile. A 5.8 ghz monitor had been removed
from the nursery a couple of weeks prior to measuring the
battery-operated crib objects. It was necessary to remove the three
battery-operated infant toys from the crib before positive changes
were observed. The infant is reported to now being able to sleep
through-the-night, he also "cuddles" with his mom and others, he has
had no more ear infections, and has a greatly improved disposition
overall.

Because Sleep Sheep is an item that might be held close to an
infant's body in lieu of placing in the corner of the crib (even tho
that use also appears to be very dangerous) as well as other
possible "comfort uses," I strongly recommend warnings be issued to
the general public that infant and toddler toys that have speakers
and therefor, "magnets," should be immediately removed from
nurseries and play areas.

We know that autism is literally "exploding!" Can we afford to
continue to expose infants and toddlers to that which amounts to
experimentation? All infant and toddler equipment whether powered
by electricity or batteries, IF the item has a speaker and therefor,
"a magnet," needs to be taken out-of-use while science catches up
with merchandising!

We also know in cases said to be SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
or SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood) that an electric
shock or large doses of drugs are the only likely explanations for
cardiac arrest. I am including information from the Mayo Clinic
website below:

Subject: SUDC - Electric shock

"..........In a healthy person with a normal, healthy heart, it's
unlikely for a sustained arrhythmia to develop *without some outside
trigger, such as an electrical shock* or the use of illicit drugs.
That's primarily because a healthy person's heart is free from any
abnormal conditions, such as an area of scarred tissue.

However, in a heart with some evidence of disease or deformity, the
initiation or conduction of the heart's electrical impulses may be
destabilized, making arrhythmias more likely to develop.......[snip]

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-arrhythmias/DS00290/DSECTION=causes

* * *

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in
releasing the above information to the public and also, I would
appreciate being apprised re progess in this regard. Take care
- Joanne

Joanne C. Mueller
Guinea Pigs "R" Us
731 - 123rd Avenue N.W.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55448-2127 USA
Phone: 763-755-6114
Email: jcmpe...@aol.com <mailto:jcmpe...@aol.com> ( 8-20-08 )

WEBSITE: http://guineapigsrus.org <http://guineapigsrus.org/>

ARE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN GUINEA PIGS? Letter 7-22-04 by Joanne
Mueller
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/282050/

omega_news

ungelesen,
22.08.2008, 00:22:4722.08.08
an World-News
Sleep Better by Turning Off Electronic Accessories
http://www.naturalnews.com/023937.html

omega_news

ungelesen,
30.09.2008, 11:13:2830.09.08
an World-News
Subject: Publicity re bedroom electric field exposures (other
prolonged exposures...

"Funding Olle" is so crtiical! We must think of creative ways to
do "break the log jam!" We can not afford not to learn more about
safer distances from items typically used in bedrooms. We can no
longer afford to "wait for Oprah" to help spread-the-word!

Perhaps some sort of funding campaign directing funds to "Project
Leader Olle Johansson," care of the Karolinski Institute would start
the ball rolling! Maybe we could ask family and friends and/or
announce on short YouTube videos that the people must help themselves
and this is the way to take charge. Maybe receipt of hundreds or
thousands of envelopes marked "Sleep Sheep Project Leader Olle
Johansson" would garner much-needed attention by the Karolinska,
therefor, leading to necessary funding?

"Project Sleep Sheep" is an appropriate term because of the analogy
"counting sheep" and proper sleep is essential for all persons even
tho symptoms of autism are "very loud canaries!" The studies will
benefit persons of all ages -- not just infants and toddlers -- and
the items-of-concern involve more than devices/objects containing
speakers. "Sleep," as we know is one of the first signs of problems
-- the inability to stay asleep and/or improper sleep -- that occurs
soon after persons lay down close to electric or telephone equipment
and also any object that has a speaker including infant objects. The
same sort of studies must be done regarding close proximity to
electric and gas meters, air-conditioners and other sources simulating
situations that are problematic but typically out-of-sight within
one's bedroom.

See Prof. Johansson's comment re persons moving away from source of an
electric item while sleeping in he Bioinitiative Report:
http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/docs/section_8.pdf .......
(sorry I can not locate the statement at this time which would allow
for link to specific page of "Immune Function" portion of
BioInitiative.(Prof. Olle Johansson).

When I discovered the very high magnetic fields emanating from "Sleep
Sheep" (plush sheep crib object), I knew that the infant, Kaden,
crawled to the far end of his crib away from the item. His moher
reports his autistic behaviors -- and specifically one of not wanting
to cuddle -- has disappeared, along with ear infections. Kaden now
cuddles, sleeps through the night and he and his mom and family are
"very happy!"
Sleep Sheep creating a tranquil environment?
http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/5137160/ ...........

By studying the close bed exposures, we will gain considerable insight
into the need to limit expansion of cellular antennae, responsible
placement of high voltage transmission lines and also use of wireless
computers, etc. We need warnings to forest dwellers that many of
the items they use to replace electric and telephone equipment may, in
fact, be more hazardous than what they may have used in urban areas.

We need to share with family and friends -- add requests for funding
Prof. Johansson (as above) on websites. We need to know method of
transferring funds and many of us can do our own videos on YouTube.
There are other websites that allow for video interaction also. We
must get the point across that we need "people power" and that cancer
societies, industries and government are not and will not "save the
children (really everyone)......... Take care - Joanne

Joanne C. Mueller
Guinea Pigs "R" Us
731 - 123rd Avenue N.W.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55448-2127 USA
Phone: 763-755-6114
Email: jcmpe...@aol.com

WEBSITE: http://guineapigsrus.org (9-30-08)

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle;
pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without
character; business without morality; science without
humanity.........."
--Mahatma Gandhi