CTIA Input + Reader's Digest Comment + Local TX TV

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

news.omega

ungelesen,
25.09.2008, 00:23:4925.09.08
an omeg...@googlegroups.com
To All Concerned Bioeffects Pioneers:

Isn't it wonderful how modern technology is keeping us busy trying to solve the problems technology is causing!!

1. Here's my CTIA Input. Very difficult to make it brief.

2. Check out Reader's Digest, October 2008, on page 18 ,in the brief Big Idea statement on Health. Other than the (basic overused and untrue) CYA statement at beginning: "No studies prove..." the info supplied is good, and a brief statement from David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD in his book "Anticancer", about use of cell phones is right on.

3. Within the past two months, the two recent Larry King shows relating to cell phone problems, and the actions of Dr.Herberman, director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, are contrary to numerous studies that don't find a link between cancer and cell phone use, and a lack of worry by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

4. Here, in and near Austin TX, last week were two local TV interviews with
(1) concerned citizens in the South Austin Shady Hollow Subdivision, who are strongly protesting installation of a cell tower array in the immediate proximity of many homes in the middle of the community, on health, real estate and esthetic grounds. I have volunteered to help them with supportive information to keep the cell tower elsewhere, if at all, and, (2) A couple of days ago it was announced that the local power company is planning a series of 100 ft tall, 10 ft diameter, electrical towers thru the small community of Hutto, where the easement passes by a large number of homes which were built before the electric company knew what would be placed on the easement. ...again a strong local citizen protest about potential health, real estate, and esthetic problems.

There is definitely a ground-swell of public opinion growing faster now, due to the TV, radio, and Internet influence, and the hard work of all you EMF Bioeffects pioneers out there!!

People are starting to listen, tho it is a shame it has to be primarily about the cancer issue, which I can understood, since it is the most feared death-producing illness; however, there are so many other health problems which we know about, and must be considered earlier, due to high-use long-term exposures.....and, on the positive side, we must not forget that electrotherapies have been, and are, extremely effective in treating a very wide range of health problems with little or no side-effects.

Much appreciation for all you are doing....remember, "Pioneers, they never say die!"

24 September 2008 I am very concerned that the Wireless Industry Association (CTIA) seeks to pre-empt local control of wireless antenna and tower siting. The 1996 Telecommunications Act deemed it illegal for a local government to refuse cell phone antennas on the basis of health concerns. Yet there are serious long-term adverse health effects, including but not limited to, childhood leukemia, brain tumors, genotoxic effects (DNA damage and micronucleation), neurological effects and neurodegenerative disease, immune system disregulation, allergic and inflammatory responses, sleep problems, miscarriages, male infertility, and some cardiovascular effects. I am a 76-year-old retired aerospace engineer who has worked on the Apollo, Saturn, Skylab, and Space Shuttle missions. I have spoken at and chaired conferences, written chapters in seven books and have networked research information worldwide on the hazards and healing effects of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) for over 40 years. If healing effects (done for over 100 years) can be stimulated with specific known EMFs, then long-term exposure to unknown EMFs in the environment can be harmful. I am now consulting and performing professional building and property EMF assessments for the public, regarding potentially harmful electric, magnetic and microwave fields and mitigation of those fields by shielding, elimination, or avoidance. (see www.emfinterface.com for further information) Based on personal experience in 1986, research papers reviewed since 1965 (I have over 4,000+ references on bioeffects of EMFs,) and observation of electrically hypersensitive (EHS) persons for over 40 years (primarily women, most also chemically sensitive), I feel that the growing public concern about EMF pollution, wireless cell and home phones, cell antennas/towers, and Wi-Fi is a long-term health-stress hazard issue that requires immediate action for the benefit of the public and the medical profession. Please look into the information that's NOT put out by the wireless industry and other vested interests, and put the Precautionary Principle into place. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: From 1982-86, at Martin Marietta Manned Space Systems in New Orleans, I jointly developed an electrostatic cooling process (and patent) to improve aluminum welds on the Space Shuttle External Fuel Tank. In the 1986 final statistical test panel work on the welding process, it was necessary for me to be next to the operating system several hours a day for about six months. A 25Volt/125Ampere pulsed-arc welding system was used, mixed with the 35,000 volts and 250 microamperes of the cooling corona wind air jet impinging on the cooling weld bead at the weld torch. Twice during final tests unusual dizziness forced me to briefly leave the area. Shortly after project completion I started having acute attacks of hives (urticaria) any time I ate beef, mutton, or pork (protein intolerance). Within a few minutes my joints and sinuses would begin to swell, and intensely itching wheals would erupt, spreading all over my body. The allergist said my case was unusual. I avoided red meats, and had no problems with poultry and sea foods, health remained excellent, otherwise; however it took about seven years to gradually grow out of the sensitivity.

James B. Beal
EMF Interface Consulting
http://www.emfinterface.com/

Allen antworten