Get more user info

Yudhajit Nag Sen

Apr 13, 2011, 5:50:06 AM4/13/11
to oauth...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Is there any way to get more user information than the email (https://www.googleapis.com/userinfo/email) , like atleast full name.

Regards,
Yudhajit

Andrew Wansley

Apr 13, 2011, 3:16:08 PM4/13/11
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yudhajit,

Today you can use OpenID AX attributes to get additional user information; we'll have more soon, but don't have any timelines to announce at this point.

Andrew

Yudhajit Nag Sen

Apr 15, 2011, 3:05:21 AM4/15/11
to oauth...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.
I am actually looking for direct APIs that can return user information like Email ID, not using OpenID.
The least that should be returned is full name, gender, birthday.
Is it already there (similar to the email API) or if not, when is google going to implement it?

This is because I already have a oauth 2.0 framework for my site, which is successfully integrating with Facebook and Twitter without the need for OpenID.

Regardsm
Yudhajit

Andrew Wansley

Apr 15, 2011, 12:43:27 PM4/15/11
to oauth...@googlegroups.com, Yudhajit Nag Sen
Hey Yudhajit,

We're working on it, but don't have anything to announce at this time :).

Andrew

Wouter van Vliet

Aug 9, 2011, 5:54:17 AM8/9/11
to oauth...@googlegroups.com, Yudhajit Nag Sen
Can I add that this all seems rather odd? One can get access to a user's address book and all of their friend's information with a simple authorized call, but from the user herself we can only get the name. Unless of course we look in the address book to find an entry for this user ;).

Oh wel....