When will 0.3.6 be pushed to rubyforge?

Hannes Tydén

Sep 3, 2009, 5:31:07 AM9/3/09
to OAuth Ruby
I'm trying to figure out how to package a client depending on the
oauth gem. I want 1.0a support and also be able to send data as a
string which means that I need a later version than 0.3.5, but I don't
want to rely on a fork.

AFAIK mojodna's fork is the official, but the gemspec in pelle's fork
says that it is version 0.3.6. Will this be pushed to rubyforge
anytime soon?

Thanks,
Hannes

Seth Fitzsimmons

Sep 3, 2009, 6:34:20 PM9/3/09
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Erm, good question. I haven't had a chance to pull in patches since I
got back from vacation. I think Pelle bumped the version number in
his repo in order to have something gem installable. I'm not going to
guarantee that everything in his fork will make it into 0.3.6. If I
don't get to it by this weekend, I'll take advantage of the holiday
and release something.

I was also hoping for some resolution on the Twitter API issue (aka
1.0a SPs not being fully backward compatible). No one seems to have
been run into issues with this and I think it may have been fixed on
the Twitter side (or was operator error), so I'll probably just assume
that it works as it should ;-)

seth

Peyman Oreizy

Sep 4, 2009, 2:54:25 AM9/4/09
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, 0.3.5 works fine with Twitter for me.

Pelle Braendgaard

Sep 4, 2009, 11:27:17 AM9/4/09
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Yes, my 0.3.6 was mainly released for personal use.

http://agree2.com - Reach Agreement!
http://extraeagle.com - Solutions for the electronic Extra Legal world
http://stakeventures.com - Bootstrapping blog
Message has been deleted

Seth Fitzsimmons

Sep 8, 2009, 8:30:28 PM9/8/09
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
A day late and a dollar short, but try out `mojodna-oauth-0.3.5.1`.
If all goes well and no one objects, I'll push it to RubyForge as
0.3.6.

Changes since 0.3.5:

* Added -B CLI option to use the :body authentication scheme (Seth)
* Respect `--method` in `authorize` CLI command (Seth)
* Support POST and PUT with raw bodies (Yu-Shan Fung et al)
* Test clean-up (Xavier Shay, Hannes Tydén)
* Added :ca_file consumer option to allow consumer specific certificate
override. (Pelle)

Thanks in particular for the effort in cleaning up the tests a
bit--can you check that the updates I pushed behave as expected when
running tests (something is broken on my setup right now).

seth

monkeyhelper

Sep 10, 2009, 10:00:43 AM9/10/09
to OAuth Ruby
On Sep 9, 1:30 am, Seth Fitzsimmons <s...@mojodna.net> wrote:
> A day late and a dollar short, but try out `mojodna-oauth-0.3.5.1`.
> If all goes well and no one objects, I'll push it to RubyForge as
> 0.3.6.
>
> Changes since 0.3.5:
>
> * Added -B CLI option to use the :body authentication scheme (Seth)
> * Respect `--method` in `authorize` CLI command (Seth)
> * Support POST and PUT with raw bodies (Yu-Shan Fung et al)
> * Test clean-up (Xavier Shay, Hannes Tydén)
> * Added :ca_file consumer option to allow consumer specific certificate
>   override. (Pelle)
>
> Thanks in particular for the effort in cleaning up the tests a
> bit--can you check that the updates I pushed behave as expected when
> running tests (something is broken on my setup right now).
>
> seth

Confirmed working for me, fixes the "Support POST and PUT with raw
bodies" problem I was experiencing.

Tests couldn't be run due to 2.2.2 actionpack requirement in test/
test_action_controller_request_proxy.rb (I'm on 2.3.4)