Should Whitcolles sell how to drug books?

1 view

ChristianKnight

Jul 1, 2010, 3:29:47 AM7/1/10
Last night TV one had a story on how the police had arrested a single
guy for selling people books that teach specifically how to grow
Marujauna.
Yet the popular New Zealand Whitcoulles store is not chased up.
This is police corruption. They have a responcibility to swerve the
growth of this drug and an opportunity to take down a major player.
Whitcoulles.
Christ's love

Peter K

Jul 1, 2010, 4:11:07 AM7/1/10
"ChristianKnight" <Christian...@operamail.com> wrote in message

The police dude they had, and the law professor expert, did give some
examples on why the two issues could not be compared. But it was a pile of
bollocks if you ask me. Besides the fact that marijuana should not even be
illegal, it's horrible to think that writing about it or selling books about
growing it is also illegal.... unless you're a large chain store of course.

I'm boycotting the law until they set things right.

WorkHard

Jul 1, 2010, 4:25:04 AM7/1/10
ChristianKnight wrote:

YES!

ChristianKnight

Jul 1, 2010, 4:47:53 AM7/1/10
On Jul 1, 8:11 pm, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk> wrote:
> "ChristianKnight" <ChristianKnight...@operamail.com> wrote in message

Wheather it ishould be leagal or not is not the point.
To me I might as well smoke a smelly sock all the difference a drug
makes.
It just makes me sick! literally.
I prefer being alive to being a dopey Zombie.
The fact is some drugs are against the law and the law must be obeyed.
That Store has an owner or owners or a manager or company directer
that is responcible for what and what not to sell.
What yopu saw on close up was nothing less than blatant whitewash
corruption.
Christ's love

Geopelia

Jul 1, 2010, 7:17:32 AM7/1/10

"ChristianKnight" <Christian...@operamail.com> wrote in message

-------------------------------

Perhaps we should also ban murder stories, books about cannibals, and how
about all this Vampire stuff that seems to be around today?
Vampires may be the Undead and thus immune to HIV, but let's hope our young
people aren't tempted to try the same stuff.

But keep "Dracula", it's over 100 years old and still probably the best
vampire story around.

And what about "Confessions of an English Opium Eater" ?

Peter K

Jul 1, 2010, 5:04:32 PM7/1/10
"Geopelia" <phil...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Quiet! You'll give the moral do-gooder brigade ideas.

Message has been deleted

peterwn

Jul 1, 2010, 7:04:29 PM7/1/10
On Jul 1, 8:11 pm, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk> wrote:
> "ChristianKnight" <ChristianKnight...@operamail.com> wrote in message

So in light of this, an undercover cop should go into Whitcoulls and
specifically ask for a book on growing pot. If the assistant
recommends and sells a book that so does, then the assistant can be
potted under drug laws.

Peter K

Jul 1, 2010, 7:18:58 PM7/1/10
"peterwn" <pmil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

First: I think the laws against drugs are a pile of unjust crap, so I don't
think anyone should be prosecuted for possessing, or even selling drugs, or
writing about them.

Second: even if drugs were still illegal, I don't think publications
describing their use, production, or effects should be illegal to write,
possess, or sell.

Third: with both drugs, and publications describing how to produce and hide
drugs from the law, being illegal, then I agree that it seems flimsy and
artificial to discriminate between a one-man hydroponics store, and a large
chain store like Whitcoulls - or other online retailers. The arguments for
their being a difference in the sales techniques and intentions between the
hydroponics guy, and the Whitcoulls website and salesman seemed contrived to
me.

Solution: decriminalise drugs; or at the very least, make freedom of speech
important.

Nobody

Jul 1, 2010, 7:42:13 PM7/1/10

Was that you they arrested?

By the spellings, you're already on drugs: <marujauna>, <Whitcoulles>,
<responcibility>?

God The Son's Blessings obviously don't help your cognitiive cells.

Peter K

Jul 1, 2010, 7:46:34 PM7/1/10
"Nobody" <jo...@soccer.com> wrote in message

I think you mean "cognative".

WorkHard

Jul 1, 2010, 8:38:19 PM7/1/10
Nobody wrote:

> By the spellings, you're already on drugs: <marujauna>, <Whitcoulles>,
> <responcibility>?
>
> God The Son's Blessings obviously don't help your cognitiive cells.

PKB Hoist by your own petard you dumb prick.

WorkHard

Jul 1, 2010, 8:39:27 PM7/1/10

Nothing like an idiot trying to correct another idiot. LOL

Nobody

Jul 1, 2010, 8:46:27 PM7/1/10
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:46:34 +1200, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk>
wrote:

Er, no! <Cogna-> relates to birth or descent or relationship by
language group.

<Cogni-> relates to knowing or perceiving or learning, i.e. using yer
brain.

Nobody

Jul 1, 2010, 8:49:16 PM7/1/10

Your chosen standard responses as name calling certainly don't help
your own published image.

Peter K

Jul 1, 2010, 9:19:00 PM7/1/10
"Nobody" <jo...@soccer.com> wrote in message

Oh the irony.

WorkHard

Jul 1, 2010, 10:26:29 PM7/1/10

It is YOU that criticised CK for bad spelling. Right?

How do you spell 'cognitiive' again?

As I say, PKB and hoist by your own petard. LOL

peterwn

Jul 1, 2010, 10:31:16 PM7/1/10
On Jul 2, 11:18 am, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk> wrote:
> "peterwn" <pmiln...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Jul 1, 8:11 pm, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk> wrote:
> >> "ChristianKnight" <ChristianKnight...@operamail.com> wrote in message

> >> The police dude they had, and the law professor expert, did give some
> >> examples on why the two issues could not be compared. But it was a pile
> >> of
> >> bollocks if you ask me. Besides the fact that marijuana should not even
> >> be
> >> illegal, it's horrible to think that writing about it or selling books
> >> about
> >> growing it is also illegal.... unless you're a large chain store of
> >> course.
>
> >> I'm boycotting the law until they set things right.

Unfortunately, Peter K, you cannot boycott the law.

> > So in light of this, an undercover cop should go into Whitcoulls and
> > specifically ask for a book on growing pot. If the assistant
> > recommends and sells a book that so does, then the assistant can be
> > potted under drug laws.
>
> First: I think the laws against drugs are a pile of unjust crap, so I don't
> think anyone should be prosecuted for possessing, or even selling drugs, or
> writing about them.

The answer here is to lobby Parliament.

> Second: even if drugs were still illegal, I don't think publications
> describing their use, production, or effects should be illegal to write,
> possess, or sell.

Again, it is a matter of the law. There are two aspects here:
1. The police can submit such a publication to the tribunal for a
ruling that it is 'objectionable' in which case its sale is banned.
2. If the book is not 'objectionable' then anyone can browse the
bookshop, take the book to the counter and purchase it lawfully. The
problem arises when the customer specifically asks for advice on
growing pot and is then sold a 'howto' book on growing pot. Same goes
for lights. The powerful lights 'Switched On Gardners' sell are
intended for stadiums, night trots courses, very tall lighting towers,
very high stud industrial buildings etc. They are four or more times
powerful than ordinary streetlights on motorways. An ordinary person
just has no use for such lights except growing pot. As the cops said,
you do not use such lighting for growing lettuces hydroponically.

Dave Doe

Jul 2, 2010, 3:07:07 AM7/2/10
In article <t86q26pqh1bboi1mg...@4ax.com>,
5c0...@gomail.com says...

> On , , Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:04:32 +1200, Re: Should Whitcolles sell how to drug
> It's hard to get good opium these days.

You live in Antarctica?

--
Duncan.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ChristianKnight

Jul 2, 2010, 6:20:59 AM7/2/10
> you do not use such lighting for growing lettuces hydroponically.- Hide quoted text -

To right you don't.
And this is the reason I have brought this up.
I bought a kit set from a Trademe advertisement.
from a farmer.
Then found a little extension which is better for the watercress and
rocket I grow.
When I went to the specialty store. I found that it seemed to be
geared up predominantly for the drug grower and I felt this was a
great shame because hydroponics can be very easy fun.
Christ's love

Gordon

Jul 4, 2010, 1:28:04 AM7/4/10
On 2010-07-02, Dave Doe <ha...@work.ok> wrote:
> In article <t86q26pqh1bboi1mg...@4ax.com>,
> 5c0...@gomail.com says...
>>
>> On , , Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:04:32 +1200, Re: Should Whitcolles sell how to drug
>> books?, "Peter K" <pe...@parcelvej.dk> wrote:
>>
>> >"Geopelia" <phil...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

Freedom of speech. From time to time it needs fighting for.

The arrest may have been for something else than the selling of the books.
Care to follow this case and report it. Good on you.

Robin Halligan

Jul 6, 2010, 2:49:09 AM7/6/10
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 20:47:17 +1200, Friar Scooter wrote:

> Did you spot that John Bilderbeck describes himself as a "Publisher" in the
> electoral Roll as well?

And you claim to be a writer of a book.

What's your point?.

Nobody

Jul 6, 2010, 9:01:22 PM7/6/10
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:26:29 +1200, "WorkHard" <w...@workhard.org> wrote:

>Nobody wrote:

>>> PKB Hoist by your own petard you dumb prick.
>>>
>> Your chosen standard responses as name calling certainly don't help
>> your own published image.
>
>It is YOU that criticised CK for bad spelling. Right?

But I never called anyone names, which is your specialty...or is that
speciality.

You might argue with yourself over that.

>How do you spell 'cognitiive' again?

Same as you just did.

Aye, aye, sir!

WorkHard

Jul 7, 2010, 1:39:39 AM7/7/10
Nobody wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:26:29 +1200, "WorkHard" <w...@workhard.org> wrote:
>
>> Nobody wrote:

>>> Your chosen standard responses as name calling certainly don't help
>>> your own published image.
>>
>> It is YOU that criticised CK for bad spelling. Right?

> But I never called anyone names, which is your specialty...or is that
> speciality.
>
> You might argue with yourself over that.
>
>> How do you spell 'cognitiive' again?
>
> Same as you just did.

With two i's? LOL You really are a dumb prick. Can't even acknowledge your
mistake. Better to run away and use another straw man, eh? That makes you a
coward as well.

Nobody

Jul 8, 2010, 7:55:50 PM7/8/10

GOTCHA!

You did a little selective eiditng in replying to that last piece:

QUOTE:

>>But I never called anyone names, which is your specialty...or is that
>>speciality.

>You might argue with yourself over that.

>>How do you spell 'cognitiive' again?

>Same as you just did.

>Aye, aye, sir!

>As I say, PKB and hoist by your own petard. LOL

Heh heh. I did acknowledge my own mistake... by writing "i i, sir."

No sense of humo(u)r.

I'd tell you to GFY, but your puerile tumescence wouldn't reach that
far.

WorkHard

Jul 8, 2010, 11:25:11 PM7/8/10

Missed that.

> No sense of humo(u)r.

Sure I have, it's real funny seeing the likes of you squirm one way then
another.

> I'd tell you to GFY, but your puerile tumescence wouldn't reach that
> far.

Projecting won't get you anywhere. Except further up your own backside.

Nobody

Jul 9, 2010, 11:24:37 PM7/9/10

Actually, in NZ English it would be "really funny".

<Real funny> would reflect lazy North American lack of knowledge of
adverbs.

>> I'd tell you to GFY, but your puerile tumescence wouldn't reach that
>> far.
>
>Projecting won't get you anywhere. Except further up your own backside.

No, no , sir! I wuz instructing you to go investigate the erogenous
zone in yer own backyard, even if you aren't able to reach with the
Small Weeny.

Fingers still get there... or another male.

<chortle>

WorkHard

Jul 10, 2010, 4:44:41 AM7/10/10

LOL What a stupid pedantic twat you are.

I'll speak and write how I please, not how some jumped up fuckwit like you
says.

Get over it.

>>> I'd tell you to GFY, but your puerile tumescence wouldn't reach that
>>> far.
>>
>> Projecting won't get you anywhere. Except further up your own
>> backside.
>>

> No, no , sir! I wuz instructing you to go investigate the erogenous
> zone in yer own backyard, even if you aren't able to reach with the
> Small Weeny.
>
> Fingers still get there... or another male.
>
> <chortle>

Chortle???

Scooter. Scoot back into your filthy little cess-pit where you belong.

Nobody

Jul 12, 2010, 8:41:19 PM7/12/10
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 20:44:41 +1200, "WorkHard" <w...@workhard.org>
wrote:

There's nothing for me to get over.

It's you who continues to advertise your personality's true colours by
insisting on hurling names.

I imagine yourself raging apoplectic that I refuse to join your
labelling exercises.

>>> Projecting won't get you anywhere. Except further up your own
>>> backside.
>>>

>> No, no , sir! I wuz instructing you to go investigate the erogenous
>> zone in yer own backyard, even if you aren't able to reach with the
>> Small Weeny.
>>
>> Fingers still get there... or another male.
>>
>> <chortle>
>
>Chortle???

Nice word, isn't it? Transmits exactly the abandon I find your
diatribes deserve.

WorkHard

Jul 12, 2010, 11:48:36 PM7/12/10

Well you chose your nym. Couldn't be more apt.

<chortle>

Geopelia

Jul 13, 2010, 12:38:33 AM7/13/10

"WorkHard" <w...@workhard.org> wrote in message
Wasn't Chortle a word invented by Lewis Carroll in Jaberwocky?

All the insults you chaps are posting are great fun! Carry on.
Now I'm galumphing off.

WorkHard

Jul 13, 2010, 1:56:33 AM7/13/10

LOL