[ANN] NSubstitute 0.9.5 Release Candidate

David Tchepak

Dec 14, 2010, 4:28:24 AM12/14/10
to nsubs...@googlegroups.com
The NSubstitute 0.9.5 Release Candidate is now available on GitHub. If all goes smoothly this will become our v1.0 release.

Download:
https://github.com/downloads/nsubstitute/NSubstitute/NSubstitute-0.9.5.zip

Breaking changes:
https://github.com/nsubstitute/NSubstitute/blob/v0.9.5/BreakingChanges.txt

Change log:
https://github.com/nsubstitute/NSubstitute/blob/v0.9.5/CHANGELOG.txt

( If links wrap, try pasting into your browser, or just grab it from:
http://nsubstitute.github.com )

This release has a number of fixes, but the main one to think about is the breaking change to event raising discussed here:

https://groups.google.com/group/nsubstitute/browse_thread/thread/eda718d5f35d6211

You can check the documentation for examples of the modified syntax (http://nsubstitute.github.com/help/raising-events/). I'm also available to try and help if you run into trouble; just email the list, or email me directly if you have code you can't send to a public list. If you have an OSS project with a public repository drop me a line and I'll see if I can do the upgrade for you (no promises though ;)).

Other changes of note are some big improvements to the way that argument matching works thanks to Anthony. (Unfortunately this is one of those features you'll only notice when it goes wrong, and Anthony has done a lot of work trying to make sure it doesn't.)

I'd like to give a quick shoutout to @DamianM, @AbstractCode, @PJimmy and @DavidBurela who have all made contributions in the form of bug reports and/or patches/pull requests (my apologies if I missed someone; please let me know). Thanks also to everyone on this list that has participated in discussions to help make NSubstitute better.

If you have any problems, comments or suggestions please send them through.

Enjoy!

Regards,
David

David Tchepak

Dec 15, 2010, 7:37:36 PM12/15/10
to nsubs...@googlegroups.com
Quick update: this release is now also available via nuget / nupack.

Regards,
David