[ANN] nokogiri 1.5.4 Released

Mike Dalessio

Jun 11, 2012, 11:10:30 AM6/11/12
to nokogiri-talk, ruby-talk
nokogiri version 1.5.4 has been released!

Nokogiri (鋸) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.  Among Nokogiri's
many features is the ability to search documents via XPath or CSS3 selectors.

XML is like violence - if it doesn’t solve your problems, you are not using
enough of it.

Changes:

## 1.5.4 / unreleased

* Features

  * The "nokogiri" script now has more verbose output when passed the `--rng` option. #675 (Thanks, Dan Radez!)
  * Build support on hardened Debian systems that use `-Werror=format-security`. #680.
  * Better build support for systems with pkg-config. #584
  * Better build support for systems with multiple iconv installations.

* Bugfixes

  * Segmentation fault when creating a comment node for a DocumentFragment. #677, #678.
  * Treat '.' as xpath in at() and search(). #690

  * [MRI, Security] Default parse options for XML documents were
    changed to not make network connections during document parsing,
    to avoid XXE vulnerability. #693

    To re-enable this behavior, the configuration method `nononet` may
    be called, like this:

    Nokogiri::XML::Document.parse(xml) { |config| config.nononet }

    Insert your own joke about double-negatives here.

Aaron Patterson

Jun 11, 2012, 12:23:58 PM6/11/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mike!!

<3<3<3<3

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/

Andrew Selder

Jun 11, 2012, 1:26:43 PM6/11/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com, ruby-talk
Thanks for the release guys.

Any chance we can get 1.5.5 teed up fairly quickly to fix the jRuby regression (#691)?

You guys are the best!

Thanks,

Andrew

Yoko Harada

Jun 11, 2012, 11:13:50 PM6/11/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Andrew Selder <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the release guys.
>
> Any chance we can get 1.5.5 teed up fairly quickly to fix the jRuby
> regression (#691)?

This issue has been closed. jvshahid (John Shahid) sent us a patch,
which fixed the bug perfectly.
So, 1.5.4 doesn't have the issue. Try it out. If the issue is still
there, please reopen the issue.

Best,
-Yoko
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nokogiri-talk?hl=en.

Yoko Harada

Jun 12, 2012, 12:29:45 AM6/12/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I forgot to update changelogs.
Right now, I updated and pushed, so the next release will have a clear
state of the issue.

-Yoko

Andrew Selder

Jun 12, 2012, 12:48:08 AM6/12/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com, ruby-talk
@yokolet,

It actually didn't make the 1.5.4 release. I'm looking at the .java source code of the 1.5.4 gem on my system and that patch isn't there.

Andrew

Yoko Harada

Jun 12, 2012, 2:08:57 AM6/12/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Weird. Actually, fixes are not included in this release.

Mike, what's going on?

-Yoko
> --
> "nokogiri-talk" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nokogiri-talk/-/CcysD_vzdXEJ.

Mike Dalessio

Jun 12, 2012, 9:33:23 AM6/12/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Selder <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the release guys.

Any chance we can get 1.5.5 teed up fairly quickly to fix the jRuby regression (#691)?

I'll have 1.5.5.rc1 out today.

Mike Dalessio

Jun 12, 2012, 9:42:16 AM6/12/12
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Yoko Harada <yok...@gmail.com> wrote:
Weird. Actually, fixes are not included in this release.

Mike, what's going on?

As reflected in the published changelog, these fixes were *not* in 1.5.4. They will be in 1.5.5.rc1 this morning.