node v0.3.3

Ryan Dahl

Jan 2, 2011, 9:56:47 PM1/2/11
to nodejs
2011.01.02, Version 0.3.3 (unstable)

* TLS improvements.

* url.parse(url, true) defaults query field to {} (Jeremy Martin)

* Upgrade V8 to 3.0.4

* Handle ECONNABORT properly (Theo Schlossnagle)

* Fix memory leaks (Tom Hughes)

* Add os.cpus(), os.freemem(), os.totalmem(), os.loadavg() and other
functions for OSX, Linux, and Cygwin. (Brian White)

* Fix REPL syntax error bug (GH-543), improve how REPL commands are
evaulated.

* Use process.stdin instead of process.openStdin().

* Disable TLS tests when node doesn't have OpenSSL.

Download: http://nodejs.org/dist/node-v0.3.3.tar.gz

Website: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.3/

Documentation: http://nodejs.org/docs/v0.3.3/api/

abdullah mohamed mohamed abdelrhim

Jan 5, 2011, 4:47:29 AM1/5/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
when it will be stable ??
thanks for all people efforts

Micheil Smith

Jan 5, 2011, 4:53:21 AM1/5/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Node 0.3.X will never be stable. As with 0.5.X and 0.7.X, etc.
Node 0.4.X will be the next stable release.

Yours,
Micheil Smith
--
BrandedCode.com

Marco Rogers

Jan 5, 2011, 12:45:46 PM1/5/11
to nodejs
Translation: what's the timeframe for 0.4.0 being released?

Stephen Belanger

Jan 5, 2011, 12:49:11 PM1/5/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
[insert obligatory "when it's ready" here]

Liam

Jan 5, 2011, 2:23:18 PM1/5/11
to nodejs
Ryan guessed late January when I posed this Q a couple weeks ago.

On Jan 5, 9:49 am, Stephen Belanger <cyruzdr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [insert obligatory "when it's ready" here]

Ryan Dahl

Jan 5, 2011, 2:45:08 PM1/5/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Marco Rogers <marco....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Translation: what's the timeframe for 0.4.0 being released?

Once the https server and client are done and working well. It will
probably be 4-8 weeks.

Clint

Jan 6, 2011, 11:08:36 AM1/6/11
to nodejs

This post was really helpful... I wasn't aware the odd numbered
releases were considered "unstable, working branches".

Is there a way to add this to the nodejs.org homepage, perhaps to
avoid confusion in the future?