NHibernate SQL 2008 Dialect

Lee

Jul 17, 2008, 8:28:48 AM7/17/08
to nhusers
Is there a dialect for SQL Server 2008? or maybe another dialect works?

Dario Quintana

Jul 17, 2008, 8:54:31 AM7/17/08
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
Hi
There isn't an official dialect yet (un-official I don't know). If the dialect between sql2005 and sql2008 is very differents it will appear soon. I didn't tried it, but in the meanwhile you can use the 2005 dialect.

Best regards

--
Dario Quintana
http://darioquintana.com.ar

Lee

Jul 17, 2008, 9:59:38 AM7/17/08
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
Dario:
First, thanks for your response.

Actually, when I tried to use the Sql 2005 Dialect, I got an error
indicating that my database version is not supported (something to
that effect). I am totally new to NH, so it could be something I'm
doing. I was just wondering if there is a way to work around this,
either by forcing the use of the 2005 dialect or by using another
dialect. If there is no dialect available, any idea WHEN we might see
an MsSql2008Dialect? I would imagine sometime after SQL Server 2008
has actually been released? ;)

Not a big deal, just wondering.

~Lee

Ken Egozi

Jul 17, 2008, 10:06:54 AM7/17/08
to nhu...@googlegroups.com
> I got an error indicating that my database version is not supported

please share the stacktrace