RESIGN!!!!

Cat's Ass

May 23, 2002, 9:33:22 AM5/23/02
This is a call to all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Immediately call for
Roger Grimes to resign his office of Premier of our great province. I've
been saying it for some time that he doesn't deserve to be there, now he's
proven it beyond the shadow of a doubt! Where's good ole Wally to on this
one I wonder?

Young Martle

May 23, 2002, 10:09:43 AM5/23/02
"Cat's Ass" <cats...@shaw.ca> wr

>Where's good ole Wally to on this >one I wonder?

Wally Millman !!??? :-)

YM

.

jasonw

May 23, 2002, 10:26:06 AM5/23/02
The vocm chevy blazer... ahh flashback starting now...
Paul Raines and Wally Melman? Was that correct?
drive safely, arrive alive

--
Jason Whelan
CCIE #8808
"Young Martle" <Nos...@today.please> wrote in message

Wallace J.McLean

May 23, 2002, 10:17:06 AM5/23/02

Right here. Why?

Centre Ice

May 23, 2002, 1:22:47 PM5/23/02
he is talking about some dick that calls himself Wallace B.
Whatever..........a devout Grimes Supporter and liberal mouthpiece...and a
tad narrow i might add....

hehe :-Þ

have a good one

darryl

Wallace J.McLean

May 23, 2002, 2:22:03 PM5/23/02
"Centre Ice" (da...@centreice.nf.net) writes:
> he is talking about some dick

It takes a dick to know a dick.

> that calls himself

who was called by his parents...

> Wallace B.
> Whatever..........

... Wallace J. McLean. You're overdue for a remedial literacy class. Read,
read, read, and succeed, as they say.

> a devout Grimes Supporter and liberal mouthpiece...and a

Nope.

> tad narrow i might add....

If I haven't told you to eat shit lately, consider yourself remound.

Cat's Ass

May 23, 2002, 2:54:11 PM5/23/02
Well, whenever there is a Grimes controversy, you always seem to have your
snout going to defend him, whether you are a supporter of him or not. What's
your take on this classless moron's comments in front of a group of people
who could have brought some well needed cash into our fair province of
Newfoundland AND Labrador? What's your take now?

"Wallace J.McLean" <ag...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

Typhoid Marie

May 23, 2002, 2:57:02 PM5/23/02
> If I haven't told you to eat shit lately, consider yourself remound.

I love the way you put that

Tim Marshall

May 23, 2002, 2:23:43 PM5/23/02
Centre Ice wrote:

> he is talking about some dick that calls himself Wallace B.
> Whatever..........a devout Grimes Supporter and liberal mouthpiece...and a

Perhaps...

> tad narrow i might add....

But demonstrably (via Google) far more intelligent and much more capable
of fully thinking out an issue than the blusterous poster I am quoting.
--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<

Pat Janes

May 23, 2002, 3:20:39 PM5/23/02

In article <acjc0b$m6s$1...@freenet9.carleton.ca>, Wallace J.McLean
<ag...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote:

> Nope.

Maybe not, but you haven't exactly come clean about your affiliation
with known Liberal partisans.

Wallace J.McLean

May 23, 2002, 3:19:55 PM5/23/02
"Cat's Ass" (cats...@shaw.ca) writes:
> Well, whenever there is a Grimes controversy, you always seem to have your
> snout going to defend him, whether you are a supporter of him or not. What's

Go to google, and quote me some examples of where I've done that, OK?

> your take on this classless moron's comments in front of a group of people
> who could have brought some well needed cash into our fair province of
> Newfoundland AND Labrador? What's your take now?

My take is that he deconstructed a stereotype. IF he hadn't used the
f-word in doing so, no one, not even Scott Brison the fridge magnate,
would have noticed.

Tim Marshall

May 23, 2002, 3:14:49 PM5/23/02
Cat's Ass wrote:

> your take on this classless moron's comments in front of a group of people
> who could have brought some well needed cash into our fair province of
> Newfoundland AND Labrador? What's your take now?

Hey, Rob...

When I first read this thread and then the VOCM coverage from the link
someone provided, I thought the same as you do. Now although I haven't
looked at any news coverage that supports it, another thread on the
group seems to be indicating that what Grimes did was more of something
like: "People seem to think NFers are only interested in fishing yadda
yadda but the reality is blah, blah, blah". As some folks are saying,
it might be that he was defending us.

Some folks might think the newfie welfare stereotype perpetuated by some
nasty folks on the mainland is confined to Canada. It's not. In a
totally unrelated thread on a hobby newsgroup last year, an American
responding to my and a few others telling him his post was OT, by saying
"At least I'm not a newfie, now I know why all of Canada thinks you are
all so ridiculous". In another flame war on the same group, another
American told me to go club seals.

So the nasty view of us is not confined to Canada. Perhaps this was
what Grimes was addressing. I find it hard to believe that someone in a
premier's position would even contemplate telling such a joke in such a
fashion without having a point (the defense thing) or in response to
soemthing that might have been barbed?

Who knows? <shrug>

Denis Shortall

May 23, 2002, 4:28:58 PM5/23/02
Oh god, what is this fool doing? He is our representative to the
investment community of Wall Street bankers!! I feel sick.

I have to agree about the call for resignation.

The man's comments now seem to smack of fear that he knows he has
indeed royally fished, ahem, I mean you know whatted himself.

Grasping for straws like, oh, I never would have said it in public.
Doesn't that just go to show the impropriety of such a comment?????

I formulate this opinion based on what I have heard and
read from many sources.

The only good thing, no, the ONLY thing the liberals seem to have
done since being in office has been to reform garbage disposal,
though debatably not quickly enough. So, let's keep the reform, and
dispose of the trash.

Good day
Denis Shortall

Cat's Ass

May 23, 2002, 8:39:00 PM5/23/02
And he won't. From what I've seen, he keeps enough info to himself to avoid
having to identify any loyalties. He's probably a member of the Green party.

"Pat Janes" <cwn...@arjpbzz.arg> wrote in message

Cat's Ass

May 23, 2002, 8:41:34 PM5/23/02
Yes, yes, quite intelligent. That's why the best comeback he could come up
with for Centre Ice was "If I haven't told you to eat shit lately, consider
yourself remound." Yeah, takes a real Rhodes Scholar to come up with
something like that.

"Tim Marshall" <tmar...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote in message

Cat's Ass

May 23, 2002, 8:44:55 PM5/23/02
Tell you what, go there yourself. I recall the sparring we've done, where
you have stuck up for your buddy. So you either have a soft spot for Grimes,
a soft spot for the Liberals, or a soft spot in your head. You still haven't
told me your take on the whole fiasco.

"Wallace J.McLean" <ag...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

Gabby

May 23, 2002, 8:46:30 PM5/23/02

"Cat's Ass" <cats...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> And he won't. From what I've seen, he keeps enough info to himself to
avoid
> having to identify any loyalties. He's probably a member of the Green
party.

Hee, hee!

Gabby

Centre Ice

May 24, 2002, 5:59:14 AM5/24/02
it seems that there is a lot more in commomn between our pompous premier and
Wallace J Whoever he is taday........

you see folks i get this private email from him that has all the
intelligence that he exudes.....it totalled three words......and one of them
was Roger Grimes favorite,,.....

the content of his email to me was ......" F- - - you too!!"

funny....i would have thought he would have more to say

haha :-Ž

Darryl

"Cat's Ass" <cats...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Zippybear

May 24, 2002, 9:01:26 AM5/24/02

> Tell you what, go there yourself. I recall the sparring we've done, where
> you have stuck up for your buddy. So you either have a soft spot for
Grimes,
> a soft spot for the Liberals, or a soft spot in your head. You still
haven't
> told me your take on the whole fiasco.

He has expressed his take on this... he feels Grimes deconstructed a
stereotype (I don't agree myself, but hey... to each his own).

ZB

Zippybear

May 24, 2002, 9:00:11 AM5/24/02

"Wallace J.McLean" <ag...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

> My take is that he deconstructed a stereotype.

Deconstructed a stereotype? I'd say perpetuated.

ZB

Rae

May 24, 2002, 9:28:00 AM5/24/02
"Pat Janes" <cwn...@arjpbzz.arg> wrote in message

> Maybe not, but you haven't exactly come clean about your affiliation
> with known Liberal partisans.

Let me guess ... he's a paid lackey?

Jim

May 24, 2002, 11:29:15 AM5/24/02

"jasonw" <jas...@ibl.bm> wrote in message

> The vocm chevy blazer... ahh flashback starting now...
> Paul Raines and Wally Melman? Was that correct?
> drive safely, arrive alive

But don't drive with Wally if you're under five.

MacArtur

May 24, 2002, 5:16:34 PM5/24/02
Let the dead rest.

--
Have a good day,

Pat Janes

May 24, 2002, 9:05:48 PM5/24/02

In article <PdrH8.13322$Mn6.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>, Rae
<blue...@applelinks.net> wrote:

> Let me guess ... he's a paid lackey?

Something like that.

Nunya

May 25, 2002, 1:36:31 PM5/25/02
Like I've said before, the man is a scholar. You notice that he hasn't yet
decided to share his opinion or come clean about his stance on the liberals,
and Grimes other to say in one post "fuggem". Wow, the man is brilliant.