Renews Northern Lapwing 2011

Bruce Mactavish

Jan 1, 2011, 12:03:17 PM1/1/11
Quick trip to Renews for lapwing and saw it. It is in the only field
used regularly by cow(s). Close to the government wharf. There was
one cow and one horse in the field this morning. The lapwing was in
the field all the time we were there (2 hours) except for a brief
absence twice when a Sharp-shinned Hawk flew by. Killdeers in same
field and on every third lawn throughout the community. The lapwing
was getting earthworms in the 0C temps.

DM & BM (1:30 pm)

Mark Maftei

Jan 1, 2011, 4:49:16 PM1/1/11
I am not sure if this is Bruce's profile I am replying too, but
assuming it is,
I was just wondering if Renews is the best place to find that
lapwing....I head there was one around Portugal Cove too. Any advice?
Anyway, we are in Gander right now hoping to get home to Torbay
tomorrow, but it sounds like a detour might be in order.....
-Mark Maftei