Problem with character encoding

Bieniu

Jul 19, 2010, 4:17:04 PM7/19/10
to NewsRob User Group
I have http://media2.pl/rss/news.xml feed added to Google Reader. In
some posts download by NewsRob there are wrong character encoding. For
example, in that post http://media2.pl/technologie/66707-ipad-w-kolejnych-krajach.html#utm_source=rss&utm_campaign=rss
In Google Reader it looks good but in NewsRob isn't. In download
preference for this feed I have Articles + Images + Simplified Web
check.
Can You fix it?

Mariano Kamp

Jul 19, 2010, 4:27:38 PM7/19/10
to new...@googlegroups.com
The site is broken.

The http server doesn't say what it will serve, so according to the HTTP spec the default is to be used which is iso-8859-1 (and NewsRob does so), but then they change their mind and send a meta tag:

But that's too late for NewsRob.

You could add a feature request using uservoice to "fix" NewsRob, but it would be a very major change I think.