Scary E-mail

1 view

SuppleTurb

Oct 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/3/96

Subj: HTTP://www.HIPCRIME.com
Date: 96-10-03 03:38:02 EDT
From: suppl...@aol.com

ActiveAgent pointed me to your web-site ... nice job!

HTTP://www.HIPCRIME.com

From suppl...@aol.com Thu Oct 3 03:37:27 1996
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 00:37:39 -0700
From: suppl...@aol.com
subject: HTTP://www.HIPCRIME.com
Apparently-To: suppl...@aol.com

I don't understand this. I got this e-mail and went to this website but
all that was there was this:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>HipCrime</TITLE>
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="HipCrime - you committed one by opening
this book.
Keep it up. It's our only hope.">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="hipcrime,psychedelic,Haight Street,Stark
Raving
Math,Lots of Love,Neural Net Lotto,Active Agent,Anarchist Info,lottery
predictor,web crawling
spider,robotic publicity engine,california lottery,criminal
JavaApplets,hostile JavaScripts,3D
animation,Money Mutilation,Information for
Anarchists,Anarchy,VisitorID,fractal embroidery">
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="HipCrime">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH"
CONTENT="0;URL=http://208.134.170.4/hipcrime/index.html">
</HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR="#000000"></BODY></HTML>

Mathue Taxion

Oct 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/4/96

SuppleTurb wrote:
> =

> =

> I don't understand this. I got this e-mail and went to this website bu=

> all that was there was this:

> =

> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>HipCrime</TITLE>

> <META NAME=3D"description" CONTENT=3D"HipCrime - you committed one by o=

pening
> this book.
> Keep it up. It's our only hope.">

> <META NAME=3D"keywords" CONTENT=3D"hipcrime,psychedelic,Haight Street,S=

tark
> Raving
> Math,Lots of Love,Neural Net Lotto,Active Agent,Anarchist Info,lottery
> predictor,web crawling
> spider,robotic publicity engine,california lottery,criminal
> JavaApplets,hostile JavaScripts,3D
> animation,Money Mutilation,Information for
> Anarchists,Anarchy,VisitorID,fractal embroidery">

> <META NAME=3D"GENERATOR" CONTENT=3D"HipCrime">
> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"REFRESH"
> CONTENT=3D"0;URL=3Dhttp://208.134.170.4/hipcrime/index.html">
> </HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#000000"></BODY></HTML>

That's a strange one, here's the WhoIS onfo on them;

Stark Raving Math (HIPCRIME-DOM)
666 First Street at Arguello Street
San Francisco, CA 94122

Domain Name: HIPCRIME.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact, Billing
Contact:
Robert, Returned (RR1563) rob...@HIPCRIME.COM
N/A (FAX) N/A

Record last updated on 29-Sep-96.
Record created on 02-Jul-96.

Domain servers in listed order:

PRECIPICE.V-SITE.NET 204.188.120.23
NEXSYS.NEXSYS.NET 204.188.120.88

Sorta sound like a joke to me :)

-- =

Mathue Taxion of eastern Rillionia

----Only the pure of spirit may find the treasure of knowledge----
~~Mathue Taxion, an illiop on FurryMUCK, TigerMUCK & FT~~
And not to mention a few others too, Arria, take a bow. '=DF' :D
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match fur a good blaster
at your side.. Han Solo . *murgle!* "37? . . In a row!?!?!"
<><>Commercial email to this address will be fined and reported<><>

K. Sullivan

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

> I don't understand this. I got this e-mail and went to this

website but

> all that was there was this:
>

> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>HipCrime</TITLE>
> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="HipCrime - you committed one by
opening

> this book.
> Keep it up. It's our only hope.">

> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="hipcrime,psychedelic,Haight
Street,Stark

> Raving
> Math,Lots of Love,Neural Net Lotto,Active Agent,Anarchist
Info,lottery
> predictor,web crawling
> spider,robotic publicity engine,california lottery,criminal
> JavaApplets,hostile JavaScripts,3D
> animation,Money Mutilation,Information for
> Anarchists,Anarchy,VisitorID,fractal embroidery">

> <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="HipCrime">
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH"
> CONTENT="0;URL=http://208.134.170.4/hipcrime/index.html">
> </HEAD><BODY BGCOLOR="#000000"></BODY></HTML>

I would do a virus scan and any other checks I could find on my hard
drive... Good luck!