Thunderbird address book delete ?

Zork

Jul 23, 2008, 5:10:40 PM7/23/08
Have several address books in Thunderbird, would like to delete those that
are not used. When I highlight the address book to delete, the 'delete'
function is greyed out.
How do I delete these books ?
Thanks !
Zork

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Jul 23, 2008, 6:28:36 PM7/23/08

I just tested it and deleting works just fine.

close TB, then locate the TB profile. Inside it you
will find several files called abook.mab. If there is
a number after it [like abook-1.mab], then those are
the extra address books. Make sure that they're not
marked as read only. If they are, then change them,
open TB and try again. If it still doesn't work, then
close TB, and delete those files, but not the main book
[abook.mab]. Reopen TB, the books will still be there,
but the addresses gone. Try and delete the remainder
now. Did any of this work?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm