Announcing Bugzilla -- the mozilla.org bugtracking system.

Terry Weissman

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98
to mozilla-general

Bugzilla is here. She's very young, and fragile. But if you treat her
kindly, she'll remember your bug reports for you. When she grows up a
little, she'll become invaluable in helping track what is actually being
done to the codebase.

For more details, please check out http://www.mozilla.org/bugs.html.

- Terry

Jukka Tapani Santala

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Terry Weissman wrote:

> Bugzilla is here. She's very young, and fragile. But if you treat her
> kindly, she'll remember your bug reports for you. When she grows up a
> little, she'll become invaluable in helping track what is actually being
> done to the codebase.

First bug report in Bugzilla itself: I don't think there's a platform called
"PC", my PC runs both Linux and Windows, for example ;) Also, I couldn't get
a list of reported bugs out, either this part isn't implemented yet, nobody
has entered anything in, or it's a bug ;) For future reference, some idea on
what all the choices (Like bug severity) mean would be nice.

-Donwulff

Jukka Tapani Santala

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Jukka Tapani Santala wrote:

> First bug report in Bugzilla itself: I don't think there's a platform called
> "PC", my PC runs both Linux and Windows, for example ;) Also, I couldn't get

Oops! Call me dumb, didn't read-ahead and notice that operating-system is a
separate class ;) Something like "IBM PC or compatible" would be more correct
though, but guess it gets a bit long. Is there need for more fine-grained
division? Altough I assume the mainc ategories come from Netscape's internal
database.

-Donwulff

Terry Weissman

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Jukka Tapani Santala wrote:

> Is there need for more fine-grained
> division? Altough I assume the mainc ategories come from Netscape's internal
> database.

Yes, the internal database is what was used as a starting point. This table of
supported hardware and OS's is going to be an ongoing issue, I think, as more and
more people start porting to more and more platforms that Netscape never
supported. Bugzilla will always be a bit behind; we'll do our best to keep her as
up-top-date as possible.

- Terry

Vidar Hokstad

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In article <352A127C...@iki.fi>,

Jukka Tapani Santala <donw...@iki.fi> writes:
> Oops! Call me dumb, didn't read-ahead and notice that operating-system is a
> separate class ;) Something like "IBM PC or compatible" would be more correct
> though, but guess it gets a bit long. Is there need for more fine-grained

> division? Altough I assume the mainc ategories come from Netscape's internal
> database.

It would be good to have a choice of frontends as well. There's now XFE, a
mostly functional QT frontend, and a in-the-works GTK frontend for Unix...

--
Vidar Hokstad <vid...@telepost.net>
Senior Developer, TelePost Europe AS

Jukka Tapani Santala

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Vidar Hokstad wrote:

> It would be good to have a choice of frontends as well. There's now XFE, a
> mostly functional QT frontend, and a in-the-works GTK frontend for Unix...

Depending on your viewpoint Motif and Lesstif are alternate Front-End choices too.
Also, it would (altough it shouldn't) seem that also whether the compile is DEBUG
or RELEASE affects bugs.

-Donwulff

Terry Weissman

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Svein Erik Brostigen wrote:

> I have been logging a couple of bugs today, was really missing the IRIX 6.4 entry
> in OS version, no big deal and I guess it will be available within minutes????
> (hehehe)

It's there now.

- Terry