Star Trek erotica?!?

ki...@cholula.uucp

Aug 6, 1985, 1:02:06 PM8/6/85

(Pardon me if this subject's been on net.startrek before ... I haven't
subscribed in some time.)

One of our local weekly newspapers has published an article describing
a genre of women's erotica, referred to as "K/S" ( Kirk/Spock ).

K/S, according to the article, is the result of a sub-rosa collaboration
of amateur writers and artists who distribute Xerox copies of their work
via newsletters and SF conventions. It's based on the premise that Kirk
and Spock are lovers who are "mind-melded" until death. The literature
uses many of the familiar Star Trek characters, and plot devices like
"pon farr" (the Vulcan "time of mating"). Using the sci-fi scenario
allows the writers to avoid the cultural gender-stereotyping found in
most men's erotic literature.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has seen examples of this, and whether
they'd care to post excerpts to the net.

---
K. Bellar WB0SJP Teltone Corp.
uw-beaver!tikal!kirk Kirkland, Wa. USA (206) 827-9626

"They told me I was gullible...and I believed them!"

--

---
K. Bellar WB0SJP Teltone Corp.
uw-beaver!tikal!kirk Kirkland, Wa. USA (206) 827-9626

"They told me I was gullible...and I believed them!"

betty

Aug 14, 1985, 1:01:00 PM8/14/85
Glad to tell you more if you send SASE to:

Syn Ferguson
2209 Monroe
Eugene, OR 97405

but for copyright reasons, the information should only be discussed in
confidence. Joanna Russ turned the reporter on to K/S (the name of
the erotica) and used poor judgement. As a result, Penthouse editors
are trying to track down K/S writers and editors....paranoia results,
possibly justified. Convince me you are not a spy, and I'll fill you in.