Removing little "X" from add-on toolbar on Firefox 4

rafaelinux

Jan 13, 2011, 12:24:36 AM1/13/11
On the latest nightlies a little x button "Close Add-on Toolbar"
appeared. It makes no sense at all, why arent there close buttons for
address bar and menu bar then?.

//

Tried right-clicking -> Customize and then dragging it off, but it
didn't work. How can I delete it? Thanks!

Dave Warren

Jan 13, 2011, 12:43:18 AM1/13/11
In message
<9e32fe97-335e-4c90...@p1g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>

rafaelinux <rfx...@gmail.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>On the latest nightlies a little x button "Close Add-on Toolbar"
>appeared. It makes no sense at all, why arent there close buttons for
>address bar and menu bar then?.

I can see the justification, a lot of people end up with rows and rows
of unwanted toolbars (mostly from not paying attention to checkboxes
installing other crapware) and most users don't have a clue how to turn
it off.

Users don't know to right click, and don't want to wander through
options, they want to click and make it better.

>Tried right-clicking -> Customize and then dragging it off, but it
>didn't work. How can I delete it? Thanks!

Fingers crossed that there is a way.

Chris Ilias

Jan 13, 2011, 2:25:33 AM1/13/11

Add this script to your userChrome.css:

#addonbar-closebutton {display:none}

If you don't know what a userChrome.css file is, just tell us, and we'll
walk you through it.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

rafaelinux

Jan 13, 2011, 7:24:20 PM1/13/11
> Add this script to your userChrome.css:
>
> #addonbar-closebutton {display:none}
>
> If you don't know what a userChrome.css file is, just tell us, and we'll
> walk you through it.
>
> --
> Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

It worked flawlessly. It will work as long as I don't change profiles,
am I right? It doesn't really matter if I update, etc.. I guess.
Thanks

A little question. Using the same method I guess we can move parts of
the UI around, where can I find how is each element called? (what is
the name of the "loading" spinner for example? so I can move it to the
right =D)

Tarkus

Jan 13, 2011, 10:39:39 PM1/13/11
On 1/13/2011 4:24 PM, rafaelinux wrote:
> A little question. Using the same method I guess we can move parts of
> the UI around, where can I find how is each element called? (what is
> the name of the "loading" spinner for example? so I can move it to the
> right =D)

It's available in the Customize menu, as Activity Indicator.

rafaelinux

Jan 14, 2011, 5:43:04 AM1/14/11

But what's it's DOM name, or however it's called. How can I align it
to the right?

Tarkus

Jan 14, 2011, 12:04:20 PM1/14/11

With the Customize window open, drag it wherever you want. I don't use
it, but just tried, and had no problem moving it around.

rafaelinux

Jan 14, 2011, 3:29:21 PM1/14/11

Well, no, that didn't work for me. Had to add a "Flexible space", that
did it.