"... you cannot change the contents of that folder"

Rich Pasco

Dec 12, 2008, 10:42:48 AM12/12/08
I'm using FF 3.0.4 under Windows 2000. Occasionally, when I try
to download a file, I get:

"[...] could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of
that folder. Change the folder properties and try again, or save the
file in a different location."

If I try again a few minutes later (same file, to same folder) it
works without complaint. In each case the path is to my standard
downloads folder which I definitely have permission to change (I
am administrator on my machine, and I routinely create new files in
that folder all the time).

So why am I getting that message?

- Rich

Jay Garcia

Dec 12, 2008, 11:06:25 AM12/12/08

Dec 12, 2008, 3:49:41 PM12/12/08
Jay,

You are thinking of FF2. FF3 tracks downloads in downloads.sqlite.

Rich,

If you are a techie you could try ProcMon from Microsoft TechNet
(assuming you are on a MS Win system) to see what is happening in the
background when you have this problem. ProcMon is an excellent tool,
but like Wireshark is very overwhelming if you are not able to apply
meaningful filters.

JB

Jay Garcia

Dec 12, 2008, 5:06:14 PM12/12/08

Actually I WAS thinking of FF3, the fingers were on their own .. :-)

Remove downloads.sqlite then. A new one will be rebuilt on the next loadup.