firefox, outlook 2003, vista business and the locate link browser window

deb...@capwall.com

Sep 7, 2007, 3:18:34 PM9/7/07
Hi there,
Have seen a few discussion on this, but they all seem to point to an
old MS KB, that....
Makes it so that IE is what opens your outlook links, and since I WANT
TO USE FIREFOX, that is no solution at all. Comments?

The problem: If Firefox is selected as the Default browser, upon
clicking on a link in an email, first the "Locate Link Browser" window
pops up, then Firefox. So you have to keep closing that window all
the time...

Someone else suggested going through the dialog and picking firefox to
open the link. A fine idea, but A: Firefox has already opened the
link, and B: you get an error message to that effect.

Please Help, I don't want to go back to IE, or have IE opening all my
email links...

Thanks,
Dave

BtrGone...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2007, 1:22:07 PM9/18/07

Hear, hear. I'm in same boat. Sorry, no solution from me at this
point. Looking for the answer myself. If I find something I'll post
back.

BtrGone...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2007, 1:36:30 PM9/18/07

Just found on web and did this and it worked for me...

I am using Vista and I already have my defaults set to Firefox my .url
files were still set to open with IE.

In Vista, Goto:
Control Panel
Programs
Make a file type always open in a specific program
Under Extensions, look for ".url" and change it to Firefox.

Once I did this, problem has been resolved. Links open without error
now.

goodwin

Sep 18, 2007, 3:46:31 PM9/18/07
On 9/18/2007 10:36 AM BtrGone...@gmail.com inquired:

surprise, surprise, somethings never change.
I was debating offering that solution but since I don't have Vista, I
decided not to, thinking there must be something else awry.