Button "icon" attribute

Pete Morgan

Oct 30, 2006, 11:02:05 AM10/30/06
I have this snippet of code

<button label="New" onclick="loadData()" icon="refresh"/>

I was expecting a nice "icon" to appear, but it doesn't. Anyone have
any ideas?

If I cant use the icon attribute, is there a "style" or other images
inbuilt that can be used for add/edit and all the other stock actions?

Using FF2, Ubuntu Eft.

Pedro

Mark Finkle

Oct 30, 2006, 10:54:50 PM10/30/06
I could be wrong but the "icon" attribute seems to be slated for "mozilla
1.9" which will serve as the basis for Firefox 3.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL:Attribute:icon
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3

I assume you could use the 'image' attribute. You would need to specify the
'chrome' url to the refresh image.

Looks like the reload button image is in the comm.jar in the toolbar.png
file. You'll need to use CSS like browser.css (also in comm.jar) with image
regions and such to get it right.

Mark Finkle

"Pete Morgan" <p...@daffodil.uk.com> wrote in message

whiskey

Nov 1, 2006, 5:54:39 AM11/1/06
> I was expecting a nice "icon" to appear, but it doesn't.
See the XUL reference page. They say that *some* platforms display the
icon.
> Anyone have any ideas?
Yes. Use 'image' instead.

> If I cant use the icon attribute, is there a "style" or other images inbuilt that can be used for add/edit and all the other stock actions?
style="list-style-image: url('path/to/your.img')"