hidecrome on mac os don't work!

daniele

Oct 18, 2006, 9:55:11 AM10/18/06
Hi all,
i'm testing xulrunner (1.8.0.4) on my iMac(Intel), and i have a problem
to hidden the window titlebar of my application. If i set
hidechrome="true" don't work!
Any idea?

(-- on linux, instead, work perfectly --)

Navin

Oct 19, 2006, 6:10:45 AM10/19/06
hidechrome on mac does not work. I have faced this problem too.

Unfortunately, i have found no simple solution to this. Except to open
the content in a new window using "window.open" and give the
titlebar=no as one of the flags in the 3rd argument.

This new window then opens without the titlebar.

daniele

Oct 24, 2006, 9:57:51 AM10/24/06
to bsn...@gmail.com
Navin wrote:
> hidechrome on mac does not work. I have faced this problem too.
>
> Unfortunately, i have found no simple solution to this. Except to open
> the content in a new window using "window.open" and give the
> titlebar=no as one of the flags in the 3rd argument.

I try your solution, but don't work: in my window i have a "button" to
call this function:

#########################
function my_open(){
window.open("chrome://path_to/my.xul","title","chrome,titlebar=no");
}
#########################

The result is the creation of new window with titlebar. (If i set
chrome=no as third argument... the window don't appear)

Daniel Worthington

Oct 24, 2006, 12:00:06 PM10/24/06
to daniele, dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org, bsn...@gmail.com
Daniele,

Do you get a titlebar that no longer has functioning widgets? When I
try titlebar=no in XULRunner I get the usual chrome, but with the
widgets in the titlebar grayed out. In Firefox, I see no difference at
all, as if titlebar=no did not do a thing.

I've seen this titlebar=no thing all over the 'nets as the solution to
this problem, but only once have I seen someone respond that this only
disabled the widgets. That was on Google Groups and there was no
response after that comment. My guess is that for some setups this
actually does work, but for others it does not. Can anyone vouch for
titlebar=no working and if so, what exactly are you running your XUL
on?

To refresh the memory: we are speaking specifically about getting rid
of system provided chrome on the Mac.

Daniel

daniele

Oct 25, 2006, 5:42:22 AM10/25/06
On Mac, Songbird (based on xulrunner) hides the titlebar... Now i study
the source of this application...

mig

Oct 26, 2006, 2:43:34 AM10/26/06

daniele wrote:
> On Mac, Songbird (based on xulrunner) hides the titlebar... Now i study
> the source of this application...

What we do:

var mainwin = "chrome://rubberducky/content/xul/mainwin.xul";
window.open( mainwin, "",
"chrome,modal=no,titlebar=no,resizable=no,toolbar=no,popup=no,titlebar=no"
);

Apparently, we REALLY want to make sure titlebar=no :)

Also, the file mainwin.xul has its window with hidechrome="true"

The primary window that xulrunner opens up first is something we hide
from the user. If you want to control that, I think you have to set a
prefs var.

mig (at songbirdnest)

Navin

Oct 29, 2006, 1:37:25 AM10/29/06
Even with the above options (given my mig) to window.open, the title
bar does not hide. So I guess SongBird has some additional magic - any
help, songbird devs?

mig

Oct 30, 2006, 5:11:03 PM10/30/06
Hmmm. We also do

-moz-appearance: none !important;

in all of our css (but that shouldn't supposedly make much difference).

mig