non C++ bindings for XPCOM?

jeff

Nov 21, 2006, 2:51:00 AM11/21/06
Hi there, I'd like to be able to interface with Firefox using XPCOM on
a similar basis to how I can with Internet Explorer through it's COM
interface.

I've been looking for XPCOM bindings for Ruby and/or Python ... but I
haven't been able to find any content more recent than like 2002...

So... can ANYBODY point me in the right direction to start being able
to talk with XPCOM from languages other than C++ ?

I mean, I am fine with having to write a browser extension ( if that's
what it takes ) ... and then have a comms protocol for my external
languages to be able to talk with it ... ( maybe xml-rpc or something )
... )

... but, if there's a simple "here's where you can get a current python
binding for xpcom" I'd be a lot happier.

Anyways ... hopefully somebody understands what I'm looking for and can
get me off to a better start.

Ciao for now.

jd.

Michal Ceresna

Nov 21, 2006, 4:31:55 AM11/21/06
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
On Tuesday 21 November 2006 08:51, jeff wrote:

Hello,

You can have a look at the java bindings.
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaXPCOM

best regards,
Michal

Nickolay Ponomarev

Nov 21, 2006, 4:36:09 AM11/21/06
to jeff, dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
On 20 Nov 2006 23:51:00 -0800, jeff <jeff.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'd like to be able to interface with Firefox using XPCOM on
> a similar basis to how I can with Internet Explorer through it's COM
> interface.
>
> I've been looking for XPCOM bindings for Ruby and/or Python ... but I
> haven't been able to find any content more recent than like 2002...
>
> So... can ANYBODY point me in the right direction to start being able
> to talk with XPCOM from languages other than C++ ?

Did you see http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/PyXPCOM ?

Nickolay

John Bandhauer

Nov 21, 2006, 2:53:13 PM11/21/06