hardware affects xpcom registration?

Susan Crayne

Oct 20, 2006, 10:41:58 AM10/20/06
I have loaded the same xpcom (.so and .xpt) on two Thinkpads with
different hardware. They are being called by the same extension. Both
machines are running Fedora Core 5.0, and Firefox 1.5. On one machine I
get the "TypeError: Components.classes[cid] has no properties" alert.
On the other machine, the xpcom registers correctly. Any thoughts would
be appreciated.

Susan

Michal Ceresna

Oct 20, 2006, 11:15:36 AM10/20/06
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
On Friday 20 October 2006 16:41, Susan Crayne wrote:
hello,

delete xpti.dat and compreg.dat in your profile and try again.
(or check if the component is registered there)

michal

Susan Crayne

Oct 20, 2006, 11:22:48 AM10/20/06
I tried that -- no luck.

Susan

Michal Ceresna

Oct 20, 2006, 12:04:46 PM10/20/06
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
On Friday 20 October 2006 17:22, Susan Crayne wrote:

> I tried that -- no luck.

and do you see the components registered in the .dat files?

michal

Susan Crayne

Oct 20, 2006, 1:35:33 PM10/20/06
They are registered in xpti.dat, but not in compreg.dat.

Susan

Michal Ceresna

Oct 20, 2006, 3:10:07 PM10/20/06
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
On Friday 20 October 2006 19:35, Susan Crayne wrote:

>They are registered in xpti.dat, but not in compreg.dat.

then I suggest, that you take a debug version of the firefox,
delete the *dat files, run.
Then check the log messages for failures.

best regards,
michal

Susan Crayne

Oct 20, 2006, 5:26:21 PM10/20/06
Problem solved: In "dmesg", we saw that access to the component was
denied. We disabled "SELinux" in the security settings.

Susan