XML , SMIL, TIME support in Firefox?

avinaash

Aug 30, 2010, 1:13:44 PM8/30/10
Hello everyone,
I wanna know about how much firefox supports XML, SMIL,
TIME and what is going on about these support in firefox.

Martin Honnen

Aug 31, 2010, 7:57:12 AM8/31/10
avinaash wrote:

> I wanna know about how much firefox supports XML, SMIL,
> TIME and what is going on about these support in firefox.

XML support has been there for a long time, with XHTML, MathML, SVG
support. I think SMIL in SVG is already available in the Firefox 4 beta
releases, for instance
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/images/animate/anim01.svg is animated for me
here with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b5pre) Gecko/20100826
Minefield/4.0b5pre.

--

Martin Honnen
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Boris Zbarsky

Aug 31, 2010, 9:48:26 AM8/31/10
On 8/31/10 7:57 AM, Martin Honnen wrote:
> I think SMIL in SVG is already available in the Firefox 4 beta
> releases

More precisely, SVG Animation (which uses some SMIL functionality) is
available.

There are no plans to implement all of SMIL.

-Boris