Re: extended privileges prompt

1 view

Nelson Bolyard

Oct 13, 2006, 8:00:11 PM10/13/06
Mitchi wrote:
> When a signed script is trying to obtain extended privileges, mozilla
> prompts a window asking to permit or deny them.
> It happens the same with every script (even not trusted ones) when you
> turn on signed.applets.codebase_principal_support.
>
> On the prompt window there's a checkbox that asks if you want to
> remember that decision.
>
> Here's my question:
>
> ¿Is there any way to revoque this decision?
>
> I mean, if i was asked to give privileges to a trusted script and I
> ticked the checkbox, i could only get asked again if i deleted the CA
> or the certificate that verified it. ¿Is there any other way?
>
> The thing goes worse in the case of enabling
> signed.applets.codebase_principal_support, because there's no way to
> revoque the decission to give privileges to the scripts from a host in
> particular. ¿Is there anywhere a list of hosts that have been trusted
> to take privileges by ticking the checkbox?
>

> Thank you for your consideration.

Mozilla's codebase principal support is not part of mozilla's crypto
libraries. Consequently, the developers of the crypto libraries,
who read this newsgroup, aren't experts in that area. So, I'm going
to suggest that you ask that excellent question again, in the
mozilla.dev.security newsgroup. Actually, I'll just cross post this
reply to start the process for you.

/Nelson

Boris Zbarsky

Oct 15, 2006, 11:55:35 AM10/15/06
Nelson Bolyard wrote:
>> ¿Is there any way to revoque this decision?

Edit your prefs.js file....

-Boris

Mitchi

Oct 20, 2006, 5:37:55 AM10/20/06