Let's temporarily stop adding new CAs to our trusted CA list

Brian Smith

Sep 20, 2011, 6:40:48 PM9/20/11
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
I propose that, effective immediately, we stop considering new CAs for inclusion into the root list, at least temporarily--for at least six weeks. I think we should use these next few weeks to reconsider our criteria, review roots we have already included, and possibly even remove roots that we've already included, based on any reconsidered criteria. I also think we need to reconsider the FIFO-ish nature of the inclusion process, and instead order the queue based on priority--using a metric that hasn't yet been established.

Cheers,
Brian