Fennec on Blackberry's?

elfus...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2008, 2:07:26 PM12/16/08
Has there been any talk or discussions of bringing Fennec to
Blackberry devices? As I personally would love to see this happen.

Ben Combee

Dec 18, 2008, 10:02:39 AM12/18/08
On Dec 16, 2:07 pm, elfusibl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has there been any talk or discussions of bringing Fennec to
> Blackberry devices? As I personally would love to see this happen.

From what I've seen, the Blackberry devices only support Java-based
development. All of the Fennec code is in C/C++, so it would be very
hard to port it there. According to the roadmap, Windows Mobile,
Linux, and Symbian are the three target platforms right now.

Christian Sejersen

Dec 20, 2008, 8:57:58 AM12/20/08
to Ben Combee, dev-platfo...@lists.mozilla.org
In theory (and I guess in practice as well) it is possible, but it
would be something that would have to happen in collaboration with RIM.

Regards,

Christian Sejersen
Mozilla Corp.
m: +45 2993 7003