November 29th Gecko 1.9/Gran Paradiso Status Meeting

Vladimir Vukicevic

Nov 28, 2006, 11:47:03 PM11/28/06
The next Gecko 1.9/Gran Paradiso meeting will be this Wednesday at
11am. The agenda and is at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Status
Please add any agenda items as well as status on the past week's Gecko
1.9-related progress to this page before the meeting.

The next Gecko 1.9 bug triage meeting will be on Thursday at 3 PM PST.

Meeting Details

* Wednesday, Nov 29th, 11:00 am PST (19:00 UTC)
* 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
* 1-866-879-4799 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
* join irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for back channel

- Vlad

Peter Weilbacher

Dec 1, 2006, 11:00:29 AM12/1/06
Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> The next Gecko 1.9/Gran Paradiso meeting will be this Wednesday at
> 11am. The agenda and is at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Status
> Please add any agenda items as well as status on the past week's Gecko
> 1.9-related progress to this page before the meeting.

Just wondering: the wiki pages are pretty empty, even after the meeting
they basically consist of the what looks like the main agenda items. Is
really so little said at these meetings, or is it felt that this is
nothing that outside contributors need to know, or is there just nobody
with time to fill them in? Where else should I look for that?

I am comparing them to the usefulness of the meeting minutes that Gerv
used to send out until March of this year...

The same question goes for the other meetings as well.

Peter.

Myk Melez

Dec 1, 2006, 4:42:32 PM12/1/06
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Just wondering: the wiki pages are pretty empty, even after the meeting
> they basically consist of the what looks like the main agenda items. Is
> really so little said at these meetings, or is it felt that this is
> nothing that outside contributors need to know, or is there just nobody
> with time to fill them in?

Lots of things get discussed and decided at the meetings, and some of
them would undoubtedly be important for folks outside the meeting to
know. In general, I think the idea is to distribute that information
through public channels like blogs and newsgroups.

> Where else should I look for that?

The DevNews blog <http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/> and this
newsgroup are probably the two best sources outside the meeting itself
(which is open to all contributors).

> I am comparing them to the usefulness of the meeting minutes that Gerv
> used to send out until March of this year...

I too wish we had good meeting minutes. Even for folks who attend the
meetings, minutes are helpful to remember what was discussed. But the
more important task is to get the word out about significant decisions,
and as far as I know, we've been doing that.

Is there something in particular you'd like to know more about?

-myk

Message has been deleted