Firefox 1.5.0.8

Andrew Schultz

Oct 5, 2006, 2:49:42 PM10/5/06
Are there plans posted anywhere for the Gecko 1.8.0.8 schedule (FF
1.5.0.8)? The spot where I'd expect to see the information is empty.

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.8:Schedule

Or perhaps all the security bugs got fixed in 1.8.0.7? :)

--
Andrew Schultz
aj...@buffalo.edu

Chris Ilias

Oct 5, 2006, 3:17:37 PM10/5/06
_Andrew Schultz_ spoke thusly on 05/10/2006 2:49 PM:

> Are there plans posted anywhere for the Gecko 1.8.0.8 schedule (FF
> 1.5.0.8)? The spot where I'd expect to see the information is empty.
>
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.8:Schedule

According to the latest weekly status meeting [1], "Ship shortly after Fx2".

[1]<http://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/2006-10-02#Fx.2FTB_1.5.0.8>
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

L. David Baron

Oct 5, 2006, 4:11:24 PM10/5/06
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
On Thursday 2006-10-05 14:49 -0400, Andrew Schultz wrote:
> Are there plans posted anywhere for the Gecko 1.8.0.8 schedule (FF
> 1.5.0.8)? The spot where I'd expect to see the information is empty.
>
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.8:Schedule
>
> Or perhaps all the security bugs got fixed in 1.8.0.7? :)

The plan is that Gecko 1.8.0.8 have the same security fixes as Gecko
1.8.1 and ship around the same time (I think just after).

In other words, this is the point where it switches from being security
maintainance on the newest release branch to security maintainance on
the second-newest release branch, which means it can largely piggyback
on the decisions made for the newest release branch (especially since
the two branches are quite similar code-wise).

At least, I think that's the idea.

-David

--
L. David Baron <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >

Andrew Schultz

Oct 6, 2006, 11:25:20 AM10/6/06
L. David Baron wrote:
> The plan is that Gecko 1.8.0.8 have the same security fixes as Gecko
> 1.8.1 and ship around the same time (I think just after).

Seems reasonable. But I'm still left wondering when that will be.
planet.m.o says Oct 24, but http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/Schedule
says to look at the calendar, which lists RC2 shipping the 10th and "Bon
Echo Status Meeting"s after that (no actual release).

I'm looking for a date (at least an approximate one) so I can have some
idea what we should be doing when with SeaMonkey for our own release.
Or is Firefox 2 still in a sufficiently amorphous state that it doesn't
have a target release date yet?