Firefox 3.1. Beta 1 / Nightly Trunk Testday - Friday, 3.October 2008 !

Carsten Book

Sep 30, 2008, 8:42:23 PM9/30/08
Hey Everyone!

It's time to test the Firefox Nightly Trunk Build in preparation of the
Firefox 3.1 Beta 1!

Join us Friday, October 3, 2008 in #testday on IRC from 7am - 5pm PDT.
Here is how you can help us:

We are on the road to Firefox 3.1 Beta 1, so there is plenty to test! If
you want to test your your
favorite Firefox Feature,great! But you can also run some more tests in
Litmus (http://litmus.mozilla.org)
and try out the Nightly Build and the other great new Firefox
improvements ! For the Firefox 3.1 Feature List
please see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.1/Features.

How to prepare for Test Day:

* Download a Firefox Nightly Build from
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/
* Save your profile data! You should either back up your profile or use
the profile manager to
create a new profile for testing.

Getting started on Test Day:

First join us in #testday on irc.mozilla.org so you can chat with the
Mozilla QA team and community.
There are always people in the channel to meet, work with, and get help
from.

Then choose one or more of the following things to do:

* Run various test cases on Litmus! Ask for help in the #testday channel
if you're not familiar with Litmus.
If a testcase is terribly unclear, mark it as such. When you have
questions about using Litmus, please ask the
moderators in the testday channel or see the Litmus tutorial .

For more general information about Test Days, visit
http://quality.mozilla.org/events/test-days

* If you want to help us test various pre-releases early and often
(alphas, betas, release candidates), join our betatesters mailing list!
* If you are interesting in specific Testing on Mac (10.4 and also
Leopard) and Vista please see http://quality.mozilla.org/node/287.

Hope to see you on Friday !

Thanks,

Tomcat