Opening l10n repository on MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH for approved check-ins

Axel Hecht

Oct 31, 2006, 4:26:00 AM10/31/06

we're opening up the l10n repository for approved check-ins.
The rules for Thunderbird and Calendar specific changes remain as is for
now, though I expect changes there soon.

Please make sure that any change on the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH has a bug
filed in bugzilla, likely in the component for your locale.

All check-ins changing the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH (affecting Firefox) should
mention their bug, describe the change, and who approved the change,
something like
"bug 12345, fix typos and resize prefwindow, a=l10n".

For those locales that already shipped, please attach patches [1] and
request approval1.8.1.1 by setting that flag to '?'.

For those locales that haven't shipped, make sure that there is a bug
filed to track your changes, too. I won't require patches for the large
catch-up changes, as I'll hardly read them anyway. Just comment in the
bug what you'll do, and I'll approve that with a comment. Once the
initial landing is done, please follow the procedure set out for shipped
locales.
This includes branches and merges.
For those locales that need to branch their current trunk to get it on
MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH, either poke me to do that, or, if you're familiar
with CVS, tag your tree with MOZILLA_1_8_BASE and then branch to
MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH. The base tag will make it easier to merge in the
future. If you're going to do it yourself, please poke me in a bug to
get approval for that.
http://ximbiot.com/cvs/wiki/index.php?title=CVS--Concurrent_Versions_System_v1.12.12.1:_Revisions#Tags-Symbolic_revisions
and
http://ximbiot.com/cvs/wiki/index.php?title=CVS--Concurrent_Versions_System_v1.12.12.1:_Branching_and_merging
are the sections in the cvs docs you should have understood to branch
yourself. Make sure to be in your own locale directory when doing this,
that is, in the right subdirectory of l10n/. Branching and tagging wrong
does break things, and may be at least awful to undo.

For those locales that shipped, you may want to merge your work back to
trunk. Not all locales did that yet. If you do, you want to tag your
current state on the branch. If you need help with that, poke me.

If you have questions or unsure, poke me, in particular when it comes
down to merges and branches.

Axel

[1] cvs -z3 diff -u
is the right way to do those. I just found out that MDC suggests a
contextsize of 8 at
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Creating_a_patch, but that's just
confusing for l10n patches.