Thunderbird 2 Release Schedule for Localizations

Scott MacGregor

Nov 20, 2006, 7:22:17 PM11/20/06
Hi All,

We've finally had some time to figure out the schedule for Thunderbird 2 and here's what we've come up with:

* Beta 1 Freeze on December 4th. This would include an en-US string freeze. Beta 1 would be en-US only.

* Beta 2 Freeze around January 4th. Locales which are ready will be released as part of the beta 1 release.

* Final Release date in in early 2007.

Thoughts/comments on this proposal are always welcome.

-Team Thunderbird

Mad Maks

Nov 21, 2006, 12:54:53 AM11/21/06
to Scott MacGregor
Scott MacGregor wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We've finally had some time to figure out the schedule for Thunderbird 2
> and here's what we've come up with:
>
> * Beta 1 Freeze on December 4th. This would include an en-US string
> freeze. Beta 1 would be en-US only.

why en-US only, i would like to have a localized build so the community
can test also the translation (most of the users don't like te install
nightlies but do install official beta's)

greetings

MM

Scott MacGregor

Nov 28, 2006, 2:17:25 PM11/28/06

Hi Mad Maks,

Unfortunately, our build and QA resources are highly constrained right now. We've got just enough pre-holiday cycles from them to do a non l10n beta 1 release. They are going to have time for beta 2 to release the l10n builds that are ready. I think this was the best juggling act we could do with the limited resources at hand for the release.

That doesn't mean you couldn't take the auto-generated l10n nightly builds that roughly map to beta 1 release and point your l10n testing community at them though. But there'd be no support to update them to beta 2 when it comes out.

Cheers,
-Scott