Sign Off deadline is this Thursday

Axel Hecht

Oct 17, 2006, 5:20:21 PM10/17/06
Hi all,

sign-off deadline is Thursday. We have talked over the current
in-products progress, and you'll see some goodness for that in the
meeting minutes, http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/StatusMeetings/2006-10-17.

If you have problems accessing the staging area, poke folks in #qa,
there is a testing account for stage that singled out folks can get to.

Note, the staging phase is supposed to end RSN, maybe somewhat within 24
hours. I didn't catch that part of the meeting due to phone problems.

Anyway, we have reconsidered and we're not going to make the web pages
part of the sign-off.

So, if you can download the builds via all-rc.html as posted earlier,
get your community to report back on litmus tests, and close your
localization ship bugs as appropriate by Thursday.

Thanks

Axel

PS: Current test count:

coop mysql> select locale_abbrev,count(*) as num_results from
test_results where branch_id=11 AND build_id>=2006100316 AND
locale_abbrev != 'en-US' GROUP BY locale_abbrev ORDER BY num_results DESC;
coop +---------------+-------------+
coop | locale_abbrev | num_results |
coop +---------------+-------------+
coop | fi | 304 |
coop | mn-MN | 266 |
coop | fr | 221 |
coop | fy-NL | 182 |
coop | eu | 146 |
coop | it | 117 |
coop | pl | 115 |
coop | fr-FR | 85 |
coop | pt-PT | 67 |
coop | en-GB | 64 |
coop | te-IN | 60 |
coop | da | 55 |
coop | es-ES | 54 |
coop | ja | 49 |
coop | el | 45 |
coop | de | 34 |
coop | ru | 30 |
coop | lt | 27 |
coop | sv-SE | 23 |
coop | nl | 16 |
coop | sl | 15 |
coop | cs | 10 |
coop +---------------+-------------+
coop 22 rows in set (0.16 sec)

Damjan Georgievski

Oct 17, 2006, 9:03:55 PM10/17/06
> sign-off deadline is Thursday. We have talked over the current
> in-products progress, and you'll see some goodness for that in the
> meeting minutes,
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/StatusMeetings/2006-10-17.
>
> If you have problems accessing the staging area, poke folks in #qa,
> there is a testing account for stage that singled out folks can get to.

What is a staging area?
And why do I need "a testing account for stage" ??
"singled out folks" ?!?!?

> Note, the staging phase is supposed to end RSN, maybe somewhat within 24
> hours. I didn't catch that part of the meeting due to phone problems.

What is RSN?

--
damjan

Axel Hecht

Oct 18, 2006, 3:44:53 AM10/18/06
Damjan Georgievski wrote:
>> sign-off deadline is Thursday. We have talked over the current
>> in-products progress, and you'll see some goodness for that in the
>> meeting minutes,
>> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/StatusMeetings/2006-10-17.
>>
>> If you have problems accessing the staging area, poke folks in #qa,
>> there is a testing account for stage that singled out folks can get to.
>
> What is a staging area?
> And why do I need "a testing account for stage" ??
> "singled out folks" ?!?!?

To stage means (at least in website language) to put up a testing server
and give limited access to that to test how the site would look once it
is live. For access to that area, as well as write access to work on the
translations, you need an ldap account, which is the stuff that pascalc
is handling. Just that some folks didn't receive their account yet, so
QA has offered to give out the password to their shared account to
individual folks.

>> Note, the staging phase is supposed to end RSN, maybe somewhat within 24
>> hours. I didn't catch that part of the meeting due to phone problems.
>
> What is RSN?

Real Soon Now.

>> Anyway, we have reconsidered and we're not going to make the web pages
>> part of the sign-off.
>>
>> So, if you can download the builds via all-rc.html as posted earlier,
>> get your community to report back on litmus tests, and close your
>> localization ship bugs as appropriate by Thursday.

Axel

Axel Hecht

Oct 19, 2006, 10:33:11 AM10/19/06
... That'd be today.

I already went through the bugs and pinged there, did that on my (newly
created) blog, and now I'll do it here.

Sign-off are coming in one by one, testing reports seem to be proceeding
nicely.

To clarify, the litmus tests are something we would like to have to give
us more of that warm fuzzy feeling we have when releasing a localized
Firefox. It's not a blocker, it's merely a way to report back on your
testing in some structured way.

Axel