Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

SeaMonkey 2.1 en-US String Freeze TONIGHT

閲覧: 0 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Justin Wood (Callek)

未読、
2011/04/03 19:57:522011/04/03
To:
As of tonight (April 3rd) at Midnight PDT, SeaMonkey will be locked
under string freeze.

I was tempted to spin builds tonight for our b3 with l10nMerge, but I
decided after skimming the l10n dashboard and seeing the number of
strings that landed in our tree this past week (not to mention today),
that I will tag/spin builds for beta3 Monday evening, around 9pm PDT or
a bit later.

Consider this a request to update locales/request further sign off, etc.

We are basing SeaMonkey 2.1b3 against Gecko 2.0 (mozilla-2.0) for those
of you who wish to build locally to test.

After tonight, we expect aproximately a month until 2.1 final, and en-US
will remain frozen for SeaMonkey.

If there is a strong need for any en-US string changes, those will be
evaluated on a case-by-case basis, with very strong reasons needed to
accept. If we do chose to accept, I'll send along an l10n-note to this
newsgroup.

The l10n tree we are using is the mozilla-2.0 l10n tree. Though the
suite/ specific l10n files should be usable for comm-central-trunk
(SeaMonkey 2.2) as well at the moment.

Followup-To set to m.d.l10n, if there are any questions feel free to
contact me there.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)

Robert Kaiser

未読、
2011/04/04 0:43:192011/04/04
To:
Justin Wood (Callek) schrieb:

> Consider this a request to update locales/request further sign off, etc.

If you are localizing ChatZilla, please make sure that the comm-2.0
builds (against l10n-mozilla-2.0) are green on you L10n TINDERBOX as
ChatZilla strings do NOT show up on dashboard but are NOT merged and
actually do BREAK our builds!

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never
meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible

Justin Wood (Callek)

未読、
2011/04/04 23:37:292011/04/04
To:
On 4/3/2011 7:57 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> I was tempted to spin builds tonight for our b3 with l10nMerge, but I
> decided after skimming the l10n dashboard and seeing the number of
> strings that landed in our tree this past week (not to mention today),
> that I will tag/spin builds for beta3 Monday evening, around 9pm PDT or
> a bit later.

Due to an organizational glitch, we are currently unable to deal with
l10n signoff requests for our beta3 at this time, hopefully that will be
corrected tomorrow. But it does mean I am not spinning builds tonight,
we are however remaining en-US frozen, so as more locales and fixes come
in, we can accept more.

> Consider this a request to update locales/request further sign off, etc.

That glitch means that SM 2.1b2 was never marked as "shipped" in the
l10n tooling, and 2.1b3 was never setup as a release to signoff for.

You are STILL free to land changes to l10n for SeaMonkey in your locales
l10n-mozilla2.0 based repo, and we will pull those in when I am able to
build SeaMonkey2.1b3.

I will let you know here when we do start builds for it.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)

Axel Hecht

未読、
2011/04/06 11:45:362011/04/06

Renamed b2 to b3, according to the bug.

Axel

Justin Wood (Callek)

未読、
2011/04/08 0:50:002011/04/08
To:
On 4/4/2011 11:37 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 7:57 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

> I will let you know here when we do start builds for it.

Build started last night.

Of note however, is that we had to drop some locales due to chatzilla
locale changes, sorry.

* it
* fi
* nb-NO
* sv-SE

(listed from memory)

Of additional note however, is that since I built/tagged b3, chatzilla
landed an additional string change:
http://hg.mozilla.org/chatzilla/rev/cd78aa88eec9

After discussing in brief with the cZ developer, he has agreed to hold
off on _additional_ string changes until our 2.1 final, so we can
continue to take actual cZ fixes.

This does mean that we broke string-freeze (sorry) briefly, and in a way
that does break any locale that localizes chatzilla.

Since this happened today, the day I am releasing Beta 3; and it was my
fault in not properly communicating to/with the cZ maintainer I take
responsibility and am not letting it harm the cZ developer by forcing a
blackout.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)

新着メール 0 件