Could someone make an adressbook enchancer extension.

1 view

Espreon

Oct 4, 2006, 7:58:16 PM10/4/06
With features like, The ability to put pictures in on a contact, or
some other features TB's address book lacks.

This would be awesome.

michaeljgru...@fastmail.fm

Oct 5, 2006, 8:14:00 AM10/5/06
Espreon venit, vidit, dixit 2006-10-05 01:58:

> With features like, The ability to put pictures in on a contact, or

Can be done through "buddy icons", although the gui is nonexistent.

> some other features TB's address book lacks.

Care to be more specific?

Michael

Message has been deleted

Steven Rogers

Oct 9, 2006, 8:04:25 PM10/9/06
to dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
On Oct 4, 2006, at 6:58 PM, Espreon wrote:

> With features like, The ability to put pictures in on a contact, or

> some other features TB's address book lacks.
>

> This would be awesome.

Interestingly enough, we've been working for a while on a Firefox
extension with address book capabilities for a while, and just opened
it up for beta testing last week. Its free and ad-sponsored - that's
how we're hoping to keep it going forward. The basic idea is to
provide a local address book that you can use in "one click" with
your web mail or local mail, and to provide more robust capabilities
for handling multiple email, IM, phone, etc. data points per person -
since we all seem to have an arm-long list of email addresses and IM
handles.

We could use feedback, so if you give it a try, drop me a note on how
you like it, or leave something in our forums. It is a public beta,
so there are some obvious things that aren't there. For example, we
can't do one-step contact imports. You have to export your contacts
from wherever to CSV, then import them.

I've also tried to set it up so that it will be easy to write
extensions to modify its behavior, and we have a couple of examples
out there now. Hopefully extension writers will find it interesting.
Right now, it works with FF 1.5.0.* and we should have an installer
set up for FF 2.0 in a few days.

Details are at http://www.jamplanet.com

Regards,
Steve