Detect if extension installed and enabled.

7 vues

Rob

non lue,
3 nov. 2006, 21:09:5203/11/2006
Is there is way to detect if a fellow extension is currently installed and
enabled?

I have two separate extensions and the one needs some info from the other. I
would like to detect if the other extension is installed and currently
enabled so I could enable/disable some options in a prefwindow.

Any information that could point me in the right direction would be much
appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob

mark bokil

non lue,
4 nov. 2006, 15:22:0904/11/2006
à dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
Any easy way to do it is to test if an id is present from the extension.
For example:

test = document.getElementById('myownextensionID');
if (test) {
// now you know it found the element so the extension must be present
}

-mark

mark bokil

non lue,
4 nov. 2006, 15:51:0804/11/2006
à dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
The monkeymenu extension for Seamonkey is in the last cycle of beta
releases and will be final very soon.

*MonkeyMenu* is a new project I have started which brings some of the
features of the Menux Firefox extension to the Seamonkey browser. You
can add about 25 buttons to the Seamonkey user interface, close down all
the toolbars, add/remove search engines, popup a search engine list
(Alt+E), set a timer to run at startup, and use the new Search box
feature (Ctrl+K). Basically the extension revamps the browser UI making
it easier and faster to use. Pressing Alt + M pops up the extension's
main menu. MonkeyMenu is an extension for the Seamonkey browser to
enhance usability and increase screen realestate. I am also developing a
tandem theme called SeaGnome which blends in with the MonkeyMenu
extension. Running the extension and the new theme together gives the
Seamonkey browser a modern new look.

http://markbokil.org/index.php?section=tech&content=c_linuxmonkeymenu.php

screenshot of extension buttons, menus:
http://markbokil.org/images/mozilla/monkeymenu.png

screenshot of the extension options:
http://markbokil.org/images/mozilla/monkeymenu-options.png

-Mark

Rob

non lue,
4 nov. 2006, 23:02:3704/11/2006
I had attempted that. I was trying to look for it from a pref window loaded
from Addon Manager. It wasn't finding anything from the main browser window.

I ended up just doing a query on the extensions datasource. Probably way
overkill, but it works all dandy like.

Thanks anyways.

Cheers,
Rob