Filter to detect that there is a single recipient?

Matt Doar

Nov 10, 2006, 1:21:51 PM11/10/06
I want to color mail that has only me as the recipient in Thunderbird
1.5.0.8. I created a filter that checked for mail that matches both of
two patterns., one where the To field starts with use...@example.com,
and one where the To field ends with use...@example.com, and then labels
the mail so it can be colored.

Unfortunately, this still selects mail with multiple To addresses. This
makes me think suspicious thoughts about the regex engine for the filters.

Anyone ever had this work?

~Matt

Einar Egilsson

Nov 12, 2006, 7:17:42 AM11/12/06

Why use startswith and endswith? Why not just use 'Is' ? If to is
'use...@example.com' then move to the correct folder. Or am I missing
something?

-einar-

Matt Doar

Nov 13, 2006, 1:05:27 PM11/13/06
to Einar Egilsson

No, I forgot to say that I had already tried that :-S A single filter
with To Is us...@example.com still matches mail sent to multiple users
(confirmed with the filter log). When I look at the source of the
message, I see that the To field has each address on a separate line.

So I wonder whether the filter is applied to each line of the To field
instead of the whole field?

~Matt