Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Daniel

ungelesen,
13.09.2011, 09:53:4113.09.11
an
Hi,
i am searching for a documentation of the .msf files used by
thunderbird. I wanna write a program that is able to read a .msf file
and tell me the id und flags (unread, deleted, ...) of the messages
contained by the associated mbox file (so that without extension).
Thanks for help,
Daniel

Joshua Cranmer

ungelesen,
13.09.2011, 12:33:5113.09.11
an
The .msf file is a mork database. The structure of mork is described in
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Mork>. I don't believe there is a
document which describes the full schema of the msf databases, but this
is highlights from my memory:

The main table is the list of all messages, where each row is equivalent
in general to an nsIMsgDBHdr. Each "column" corresponds to a property of
the message header, and most of the names should be fairly
self-explanatory. A fair amount of the metadata is stored in a flags
field, the bits of which are defined in nsMsgMessageFlags, which I
believe has documentation somewhere on MDC. There is also a table for
each thread, with the meta-row containing some metadata for threads
themselves (threads can have a subset of the message flags), and each
message comprising a row in the thread table.

David Bienvenu

ungelesen,
13.09.2011, 17:51:1413.09.11
an
If you're talking about local mail folders, it might be easier just to
parse the actual mbox file. See
http://www.eyrich-net.org/mozilla/X-Mozilla-Status.html?en for more info.

- David

Jerry Evans