Testing For SeaMonkey 2.0.6 - help wanted!

Robert Kaiser

Jul 1, 2010, 8:24:29 PM7/1/10
Hi everyone,

All the builds for SeaMonkey 2.0.6 have been created (updates are
available on the betatest channel soon, going to beta as soon as I have
a few reports of the builds not being busted), so it's time for starting
tests on them to ensure we get an update out there that is worth
shipping to all our 2.0.x users.

Please help us testing the Windows installers, Mac disk images and Linux
packages, all available in 24 languages including US English.
The packages are available in the linux-i686, mac, and win32
subdirectories of
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2.0.6-candidates/build1/

Once again, the linux-x86_64 build is NOT OFFICIAL and NOT ENDORSED. It
will be listed as "contributed build" even if it was technically created
by our build system, and it will be treated in no other way than usual
contributed builds. In other words, it's just an experiment.

Please use the builds for any usage patterns you can think of, possibly
also doing a https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=7
smoketest run on them. I know that Litmus run isn't perfect, but it's
the best we have right now.

Localizers, please test the builds in your locale, any updates can be
taken with further sign-offs (in the new tool) for 2.0.7 and future updates.

If no problems come up in testing those builds, they will probably go
live as the official 2.0.6 on July 20, in sync with Firefox and
Thunderbird updates that will fix the same set of security issues.

The list of bugs fixed in this update contains 45 public reports thus
far, 19 security issues are currently hidden and only to be disclosed
upon release of our updates. The bug query to find the issues is
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Core&product=Toolkit&product=MailNews+Core&product=SeaMonkey&product=Other+Applications&field0-0-0=keywords&type0-0-0=anywords&value0-0-0=fixed-seamonkey2.0.6&field0-0-1=cf_status_191&type0-0-1=anywords&value0-0-1=.11-fixed&field0-0-2=cf_status_thunderbird30&type0-0-2=anywords&value0-0-2=.6-fixed

About 10 of those are fixes specific to SeaMonkey, 1 more in the
MailNews code we share with Thunderbird, look for bugs in that list that
are filed against the SeaMonkey or "MailNews Core" products. A number of
those fixes were done due to feedback and crash reports from 2.0.x, we
hope we can make the further experience of that series even smoother
with those.

Robert Kaiser

Robert Kaiser

Jul 5, 2010, 2:50:38 PM7/5/10
Robert Kaiser schrieb:

> All the builds for SeaMonkey 2.0.6 have been created (updates are
> available on the betatest channel soon, going to beta as soon as I have
> a few reports of the builds not being busted), so it's time for starting
> tests on them to ensure we get an update out there that is worth
> shipping to all our 2.0.x users.

Updates are now live on the beta channel.

Robert Kaiser

Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein

Jul 5, 2010, 5:43:19 PM7/5/10
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Updates are now live on the beta channel.

Update was found and installed fine.

Thanks for the effort,
Wolfgang