content filtering, manipulation, and control in Firefox 3

1 view

Myk Melez

Oct 13, 2006, 5:54:58 PM10/13/06
Over in mozilla.dev.planning, Deb has posted an article about Firefox's
newly updated Feature Brainstorming list:

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_frm/thread/a1dd9d1894a5fc6d/a4724e7c537dc246

For the next version of Firefox, I'm going to take a particularly close
look at the application's feature set for content filtering,
manipulation, and control:

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Feature_Brainstorming#Content_filtering.2C_manipulation.2C_and_control

I'll look at the functionality Firefox currently provides, try to figure
out what it should be providing (based on a variety of metrics), and
identify a discrete set of changes (new features, enhancements, and even
removal of existing code) which can provide evolutionary and/or
breakthrough improvements to this area in the Firefox 3 timeframe.

I have a few ideas, which I've added to the brainstorming list; and
others have added many more; but there are bound to be great ideas we
haven't yet captured. So if you have some, please contribute them to
the list!

http://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Firefox/Feature_Brainstorming

-myk