LOST MY IDENTITY SAFE LOGIN & PASSWORDS/LOGINS

xaix...@bigpond.com

Aug 27, 2008, 6:37:37 PM8/27/08
Have the same problem - lost all logins & Passwords, and have lost all
bookmarks.
Believe I upgraded from 3.0

Mike Beltzner

Aug 27, 2008, 6:43:21 PM8/27/08
to xaix...@bigpond.com, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
Do you have any bookmarks? Can you create new ones?

Please make sure that you don't have any antivirus or firewall software
running. We are getting reports that older versions of that software are
mistakenly labelling Firefox as spyware and blocking access to the file
where this data is kept.

Also, try giving your computer a reboot.

cheers,
mike

Mike Beltzner

Aug 28, 2008, 3:44:16 AM8/28/08
to Rob Robson, dev-apps-firefox
Rob,

This is great stuff. If you're familiar with IRC, I might ask you to
hop on to irc.mozilla.org and jump into #qa (maybe not tonight, it's
already late even for people on the west coast) and help with the
diagnosis here.

For the stuck file - can you download the Windows utility called
Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
) and see if you can see what process has a lock on the file?

Again, many thanks. I'm cc'ing dev-apps-firefox since we should get
the community back involved in this discussion.

cheers,
mike