problem with creating / updating / exporting events

Gilad Arnold

Oct 18, 2006, 4:52:41 PM10/18/06
to dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

(Note: apologies if that doesn't belong in this list; hopefully it does)

I've been using sunbird on linux for a while now, so far it's been great
and kept improving. Nonetheless I recently encountered a problem with
the recent 0.3a2 (I'm using the Gentoo Portage ebuild). Here's a brief

- I seem not to be able to add (or update) events in my "Home" calendar,
which carries most of my personal stuff. More specifically, when I
click to add / update a dialog box opens, but then when the 'OK'
button is pressed nothing happens; clicking 'Cancel' closes the box as
expected.

- however, I am able to add / update events on my other calendars (alas,
they're mostly auxiliary holiday calendar, etc)

- also, I'm able to delete events from my "Home" calendar...

- finally, attempting to export this calendar to HTML gives me an error
message: "Unable to write to file: <FILENAME>" ; note that the file is
created (but remains empty) in the destination directory. My other
calendars are successfully exported this way though.

What could be the cause for this problem? Do you suppose it has to do
with some profile / calendar data access issue? Or an inconsistency in
my "Home" calendar data that causes trouble in some way?

Please let me know if any other data is required for diagnosis.

Many thanks,
Gilad

Stefan Sitter

Oct 18, 2006, 5:11:20 PM10/18/06
Hello Gilad,

does the problem still exist in the final Sunbird 0.3 that was
released last week?
[http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/releases/sunbird0.3.html]

/Stefan

Gilad Arnold

Oct 18, 2006, 5:26:44 PM10/18/06
to Stefan Sitter, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
Didn't check, I generally prefer waiting for Gentoo's ebuilds and not
building packages myself. I was hoping that one can either acknowledge
the problem as a bug in 0.3a2, or as a configuration problem (judging by
the symptoms alone).

If 0.3 doesn't show up as an ebuild pretty soon, I'll build it myself
and give it a try, and let you know. Thanks!

Gilad

Gilad Arnold

Oct 30, 2006, 4:04:45 PM10/30/06
to Stefan Sitter, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi again,

Although I still did not try Sunbird 0.3 (non-alpha), I did invoke
sunbird-bin from a shell and watched the traces. What I have during
initialization is the following:

error creating table cal_calendars -- probably already exists
error creating table cal_calendars_prefs -- probably already exists
*** Calendar schema version is: 5
Starting calendar alarm service
observer added
METHOD

Then, when I try to add an event to the main (Home) calendar, I see

flushItem DB error: database disk image is malformed

Maybe that's useful...? A related question is whether or not my data
can be extracted from the database (presumabely a binary file) to some
readable format I can actually deal with, but not using sunbird (as I
mentioned, sunbird fails with an error message when trying to export
the calendar).

Many thanks for your help,
Gilad